Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Besame cosmetics

Shearer

Practically Family
I got all my liquidated Besame makeup in the mail today... I'm excited to try the pink (Socialite Pink? I can't remember) that came with one of the sets. A ton of stuff for less than what I paid for the 5 lipstick red set :eusa_clap So thanks again, Medusa!

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wild about Wild Orchid

Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Has anyone tried the wild orchid shade of lipstick? Reviews?
Got it today! It's my new favorite lipstick!! Looks good with any hair color! I'm a natural redhead but I tried it with brunette and blonde wigs just so I could report! I love it! Looks good on different skin tones! My friend who is Black tried mine and it looked beautiful! I tried it with and without a layer of lip balm to soften the color and it looks nice both ways. Get it!
Thanks for the tip, Medusa!

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Babydoll said:
Last night I tried on the three colors I got samples of. The Mister told me I looked like The Joker. :( Needless to say, I was not impressed with any of them, nor will I be wearing them in public. Horrible colors for me!

Here's the cherry red color on me.

besamecherryred.jpg

I definitely need a darker red color. (I also tried Red Velvet and the Noir color.... still not dark enough.)

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
BegintheBeguine said:
Got it today! It's my new favorite lipstick!! Looks good with any hair color! I'm a natural redhead but I tried it with brunette and blonde wigs just so I could report! I love it! Looks good on different skin tones! My friend who is Black tried mine and it looked beautiful! I tried it with and without a layer of lip balm to soften the color and it looks nice both ways. Get it!
Thanks for the tip, Medusa!

Can we see a pic? (to anyone who has it!) I just can't imagine it on, at all.

Shearer

Practically Family
Wild Orchid

Here's the wild orchid shade on me... I actually like it better than the Portrait Pink I got. That one just washed me out and made me look zombie-like. I'll have to mix it with something. But the Wild Orchid is really nice. Not something you can wear with every colour, but very pretty!
Oi, what a scary picture of me. Thanks, Dad, for the forehead I'll eventually have to botox lol

DSCN0908_phixr.jpg

Sheer shirt from Target, btw! ;)

Shearer

Practically Family
Aw, thanks RetroMom. The colour kind of startled me - I was expecting something much more purple-y than what went on :)

I was scared to wear it with white too, and yup, I've already gotten some on the blouse lol

BonnieJean

Practically Family
Besame Portrait Pink lipstick--photos?

Since the Besame Wild Orchid lipstick looks totally different on the lips than what is shown on the tube (I really thought it looked too purple-y), does anyone have a photo of the Portrait Pink lipstick? Shearer said it washed her out. I was wondering if anyone else has any comments on this shade. They've got all their liquidations on the bay at 'buy it now' and I noticed the prices of the Trio sets have been dropped down $4. All the rave reviews on the Wild Orchid lipstick may cause me to buy it. The bay is so bad for me.....and my pocketbook!

GoldLeaf

A-List Customer
The Portrait Pink is just about the same color as my lips. I can't really tell that I have it on. I was a bit disapointed. Ah well :) I will try to get a picture :)

Daisy Buchanan

I can't believe I didn't know about these Besame closeouts until now! I might as well stock up. Last month I placed a big order with them, if only I had known that they would go on sale:( Oh well, I'm gonna grab what I can off the bay, it's not like I won't use it. I noticed that they have the compact that they discontinued. I was so mad when they discontinued that. But, it was kind of silly for they never made any refills for it. So if you ran out of one thing you had to buy a whole new compact[huh] It's much more economical to buy the individual items, since they make refills for them. But, I'm gonna grab up one of the larger discontinued compacts because it's much easier to put one of those in my bag than it is to put in at least three smaller items.
Thanks for the info on the sale:D

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
Daisy Buchanan said:
I can't believe I didn't know about these Besame closeouts until now! I might as well stock up. Last month I placed a big order with them, if only I had known that they would go on sale:( Oh well, I'm gonna grab what I can off the bay, it's not like I won't use it. I noticed that they have the compact that they discontinued. I was so mad when they discontinued that. But, it was kind of silly for they never made any refills for it. So if you ran out of one thing you had to buy a whole new compact[huh] It's much more economical to buy the individual items, since they make refills for them. But, I'm gonna grab up one of the larger discontinued compacts because it's much easier to put one of those in my bag than it is to put in at least three smaller items.
Thanks for the info on the sale:D

I was thinking of picking up another vanity case as well. The last time I checked they were only available in the Dark set, but I can't use the Light concealor/powder anyway, and it is really handy to have your eye shadow, liner, and blush in one spot. :)

GoldLeaf

A-List Customer
Oh! I ordered the dark and the light set, and the loose powder in the dark set is the same as the powder in the light set. It's the translucent powder. Just a FYI

Daisy Buchanan

jitterbugdoll said:
I meant in the vanity case--the powder they include is darker than the translucent loose powder. :)

I noticed that too after I posted. Guess I was so excited about seeing the low prices I didn't realize they only had the dark set left:(
I actually can use the shadows and the translucent powder, but the blush and concealer is all wrong. I don't get why they put such a dark concealer in. I guess that's why this particular one is on clearance. I don't know anybody who uses such a dark concealer. But, I do use all the shadows and the powder. It might be worth it to grab some up. Even if I don't use the blush and concealer it still turns out to be cheaper than buying each individual item that I would need, and there is a good amount of shadow and powder in the case. I think when I bought my compact from Besame a few years ago I got to choose my colors individually. Or at least the powder, blush and concealer came in a few different combinations to choose, and so did the shadows. So I was able to get all of my exact colors that I needed. Closeouts are usually the ones that they want to get rid of because they didn't sell well. I'm assuming that's what happened with this particular combination.
Oh Well, I wonder if this seller will get anything else in. I really don't need anything that they are offering. The lipstick colors they have just aren't my shades:(

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Daisy Buchanan said:
I don't get why they put such a dark concealer in. I guess that's why this particular one is on clearance. I don't know anybody who uses such a dark concealer.

Well darker skinned folks would...and since the founder of the company is herself a lovely shade of brown, and her target market also includes the darker complected....seems logical that they have both a light and a dark set....or -had-...since seemingly they discontinued both sets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo