Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Besame cosmetics

DancingSweetie

A-List Customer
I love that they sell samples. I bought a lipstick - portrait pink- the foundation and an eyeshadow - pistachio. I just love the eyeshadow. I chose pink lipstick because I already have a red that I really like, Avon's President's Red. The foundation color I chose was too yellow, so I'm glad I didn't order the regular size. I like the consistency though so I will be ordering another foundation.

RetroMom

One of the Regulars
What does of everyone think of the new website?

I was just wondering what everyone thought of Besame's redesigned website. I am a little disappointed as some of the features I liked, like Margo's letters, are no longer there, neither are the vintage model looks. I think it has lost some of it's "vintagey" feel (no more "vintagey" music either :rolleyes: ) It looks really slick and modern.

Having said that, they do seem to have some more products, that I just can't wait to try!

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
PrettySquareGal said:
Just as an FYI, I also love Clinique lipstick and it, too, comes in a metal dispenser.

I have several Estee Lauder lipsticks that also come in smaller-size gold metal cases. Very vintage looking, and I have always been satisfied with their lipsticks as far as color and staying power.

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
I felt a bit of a dissappointed about the site, too. It looks so much more mainstream now and not retro-style anymore. I also liked the section about the Vintage looks. On the other hand I love that they have more products now.

Anyway.... I had the sites "old index" in my favourites so those that wanna make a screenshoot or something of the Vintage looksand the letters here it is: http://www.besamecosmetics.com/english/home/index.htm :)

dollfaced

Familiar Face
Besame site

I was so surprised to see th change in the site it does look to up to date now which is a bit sad.I was disapointed that the price of those tiny samples is at $1.50 have any of you seen how small a sample is? I don't think i will be ordering for a eally long time Mac and Revlon is much more afordable for this gals pocket book!!

decodoll

Practically Family
They look tiny, but I've been using the foundation sample I got recently for at least 3 weeks now and must have at least another 2 weeks left. They did increase the price of the samples, but they reduced the shipping on samples dramatically.

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
The samples are actually quite generous--enough for quite a few uses. I have a sample of the Crimson rouge and I have used it at least a dozen times. The products are far more pigmented than MAC and so last a much longer time. I used to be a total MAC junkie, but Besame eye shadows blow theirs right out of the water!

I purchased the lip and eye liners the other day and have tried them a few times since my purchase. The lip liner is veyr creamy and comes in a double-sided automatic pencil. The colors Red/Cerise are comparable to MAC Brick/Cherry. The eye pencil is also very creamy, but long-lasting and non-smudging. I purchased the Brown/Plum pencil and though I have yet to try the plum, I do have to say that the Brown is a soft shade perfect for blondes/redheads (though it looks rich chocolate in the tube) that creates this kind of effect (and it's the only pencil I have found so far that has this effect):
anncloseup080.jpg
annhurrell145.jpg

decodoll

Practically Family
Yes, I purchased a bunch of other samples as well. At the rate I'm using up the eye shadows and lipsticks (very slowly), the only thing I think I will actually buy the full size of is the foundation. You need just the tiniest bit of eyeshadow on your brush. I'll definitely buy samples of more of the colours when I order the foundation. I got Socialite Brown, Pistachio and Plum Dandy, and I like them all. I like the lipsticks too, but think I will stick with my Russian Red for everyday wear right now. It's nice to have an assortment of samples for when I want a different look though. :)

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
You should try the Shimmer Beige, decodoll. That shade and Socialite Brown are my everyday staples (though Plum Dandy and Pistachio are great as well.)

The great thing about the formula is that it is so soft, it is almost creamy, and so pigmented you just tap the brush in the pigment. They also don't crease and last all day :)

decodoll

Practically Family
I will! Socialite Brown has become my favourite for everyday wear also. :) And it's true, I just barely touch the brush to the powder and then even go so far as to tap it on the inside of the lid again to get some more off the brush, and I still have plenty to use on my eyelid! I'm tempted by those pencils too. hehehe...and since most of what I'm using is out of the plastic sample jars, no one can accuse me of buying it only for the packaging!! lol

BlancheDubois

Familiar Face
I've been using Besame since last December. I love it!

I have:

Souffle foundation in 'Bisque'

Vanity Case in 'Light,' which contains concealer in 'Light', powder in 'Light', blush in 'Sweet Pink' and eyeshadows in 'Shimmer Beige', 'Socialite Brown' and 'Black Pearl'

Boudoir Rouge in 'Raspberry'

Feather Light Translucent Dusting Powder

Cashmere Powder Compact in 'Light'

Master Liner Eyebrow Pencil in 'Taupe + Gray'

Alluring Eye Shadow in 'Plum Dandy' (in addition to the three colors in the Vanity Case)

Master Liner Eye Pencil in 'Brown + Plum'

Master Liner Lip Liner in 'Rose + Pink'

Enchanting Lipstick in 'Cherry Red'

Enchanting Lipstick in 'Dusty Rose'

Samples of the lipstick in 'Besame Red' and 'Red Velvet'

Lip Glaze in 'Vanilla'

Lip Glaze in 'Chocolate' (this was a gift with purchase)

Set of five makeup brushes with satin roll (with pockets for brushes and Vanity Case)

With each order I've received a delightful unexpected gift: First a darling decorative gold bobby pin with faux jewels in shades of purples and pinks, plus a chocolate Lip Glaze; then a perfect pair of clip-on large faux pearl earrings in bronze; and most recently a precious little rose scented soap that looks like a tiny pink rose corsage in a clear lucite-like heart shaped box.

Each time I receive a package from Besame, I feel as if I'm opening a present. Everything is carefully placed into the little purse-shaped gift bags with satin ribbon handles topped off by the Besame signature floral tissue paper.

My vanity table is from the 1930s and belonged to my grandmother. It has a triple mirror, a deep drawer on each side, and a low shelf in the middle. I keep my Besame foundation and powder on the vanity table along with a silver lipstick holder that holds three lipsticks. In the holder I have the chocolate Lip Glaze on one side and the vanilla on the other, with one of my Besame lipsticks in the center. My silver baby cup holds additional lipsticks.

I like the fact that the packages are so dainty and don't take up much room on my small vanity table.

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
I saw they put a beauty generator online with that you can try around with the colours. I found that one helpfull for the eye-shadows. Though of course I would have loved it in a more vintage styles version ;-) I like that they put up a section on looks back again though.

I also heared they ship out a new moisturizer August 25th and new Lip Glazes, too. I´d love to hear how they are if anyone of you is trying them.

RetroMom

One of the Regulars
I tried the beauty generator last night, it was OK, but I don't think the color changed when I tried different shades of rougue.

I am glad they brought back the vintage model looks, but I still miss Margo's letters:( I was looking forward to trying the new moisturizer, but at $45. it's a bit high priced for me.

BettyValentine

A-List Customer
I got a bunch of samples of the moisturizer at the Henri Bendel event in July. They are pretty nice and smell good, but I wouldn't pay $45 for them. They were pretty much just normal lightweight moisturizers, and I already have hand and face creams that I like.

xoxo
BV

ITG

Call Me a Cab
Retromom the blush colors wouldn't change for me either. The lipstick I own (Merlot) actually didn't reflect the real color on my screen, it was several shades lighter. Overall, I wasn't impressed with the Beauty Generator.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
The sample sizes are generally quite large. I have been using a sample of Socialite Brown, at least twice a week, since May, and its still got probably 25 more uses at the very least.

I have used the foundation sample at least 5 times and its still got plenty more uses in it.

The lipstick sample, if used with a brush is good for at least 25 applications.

Samples are -well- worth it in my opinion. In fact I actually need to order more samples.

dollfaced

Familiar Face
I always wondered how small is the Besame loose translucent face powder is it as small as the rest of the line i have the gold compact is the loose powder that size or is it the size of th coty powder box??

RetroMom

One of the Regulars
I have the loose powder.

The box is .37 oz. compared to Coty Airspun at 2.3 oz. so it is smaller. This is my second box, the first lasted from December until about June with everyday usage, so like most of their products, they do last a while. The Besame powder has that heavenly vanilla scent, but I try to use it only for special occasions now and use the Coty for everyday:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn