Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Besame cosmetics

KittenHasCurves

New in Town
I got turned on to Besame after running across the chocolate kiss lipstick on ebay. I had been wanting to buy the vanity case, but after seeing the free trio GWP I couldnt resist. I was so pleased when it got here and I saw how generously sized the vanity case was, especially compared to their lipsticks.

I found a vintage lipstick holder on ebay and now all my beautiful little Besame lippies can sit on display. I have the chocolate kiss, portrait pink, dusty rose and coral. I got a sample of Red Hot Red in my order, and I think that will be my next purchase. I havent tried the eyeshadows yet, Im makeup-free *gasp* over the holiday, but come monday Im breaking it out!

Tourbillion

Practically Family
desi_de_lu_lu said:
I am wondering how superfine the powder is?

I hate seeing gobs of powder sititng on my face, but I love powder in general.

Also, I am pale as snow, and was wondering how light the lightest was?

Thanks!

Desi

The translucent powder in the gift was light enough for me, the vanilla scent might take some getting used to though. For some reason I can't remember exactly how light the light pressed powder is. I didn't buy it though, so maybe I thought it wasn't a good match?

Forget about their foundations if you are pale though, their lightest shades are medium for most cosmetic companies.

I do like the small size of the products though, perfect for tucking into a tiny evening purse.

PS

A-List Customer
I finally placed my order. I am not much of a lipstick person, being that I have very pigmented lips and the color on the tube is never the same on me so I picked up the foundation and will be getting the first time customer gift and cool trio, i figured its a nice introduction to the brand. I am so excited! I am fearful that the foundation won't match because most do not match but thought it was worth the try.

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
Tourbillion said:
The translucent powder in the gift was light enough for me, the vanilla scent might take some getting used to though. For some reason I can't remember exactly how light the light pressed powder is. I didn't buy it though, so maybe I thought it wasn't a good match?

Forget about their foundations if you are pale though, their lightest shades are medium for most cosmetic companies.

I do like the small size of the products though, perfect for tucking into a tiny evening purse.

Thank you for letting me know about that foundation, you just saved me a bunch of money!

perfectredlips

New in Town
I just got my latest besame order and here are my thoughts...
Besame L/S in Merlot-Fantastic everyday red color...its bold with out being over the top. I feel like it is dryer than the other lip colors so I'm thinking it will stay on longer.

Besame L/S in Chocolate Kiss-Got a sample of this with my last order and had to have it. It is my HG brown red everyday lipstick color. I highly recommend it!

Rouge in Sunkissed: I like this but was expecting more peach...this is more brown. It barley shows up on me but I like that because it looks like the lightest tan on my cheeks. I use Crimson Rouge for a pop of color on my apples.

Powder: Vanilla scent. Very light...i would not call it translucent. It goes on nice and keeps my tzone matte...would not have ordered on its own.

Lipliner in cocoa and natural: FANTASTIC!! love that there are 2 colors in one and its the first time I have loved both colors!! The Cocoa is a deep red brown and perfect for merlot and choc kiss and the natural is a great nude which worked great with my champagne l/s...and would look great alone with a gloss on top!

Samples of Fdt in Cameo and Bisque...great texture but a bit heavy for me...cameo is very yellow. Bisque is a bit light for me so I think there is no color match for my NW15/20 skin.

Fancy Mouse

Familiar Face
I have never ordered from Besame, but I'm signed up to the mailing list. According to the email I received today there's a free shipping offer for international orders over US $65, and it's on until 7th December. I'm thinking of buying a few things...

Sylvanrealm

New in Town
Lower Prices!

Besame just lowered their prices on eyeshadow ($22 down to $18) and their boudoir rouge ($24 down to $20). Of course this is after I placed my order for two eyeshadows. Darn it! They also charged me more on shipping than the $3 domestic shipping advertised. I emailed them about it, but no reply.:(
Should I email them again? I did get a response to my product request email for that lovely red silk scarf, but that was it.

Also, does anyone have a picture of what the Noir Red lipstick looks like?

leaette

A-List Customer
I read in an above post about their foundations not being for fair people. I have to politely disagree. I'm VERY fair (ie: you can see veins thru my skin on my body, my face is just a tad not as "see thru"). I just bought some foundation about 2 weeks ago in the "bisque" color and it's fine. in fact, in the summer months, i will have to go a shade darker because i do get a very light tan in summer (although to most people, i'm still considered "pasty white").

i love this foundation. i've been looking for years for a goodie and I found it in Besame. I love the scent too. It's pretty when you put it on but then the smell goes away so it's not bothersome during the day. The foundation with the loose powder makes for a great combo.

pennycarrol

A-List Customer
I'm sooo excited!! I've just made my first order at Besame!! I ordered their Red Velvet lipstick!!! I wanted to buy the matching red lip liner, but with the shipping cost it was so expensive!! Next time!! I refered a lot to the "show us your lippy" thread to see the exact color of the Red Velvet. For the samples I took "Carmine", "Red Hot Red" and an eye shadow "pistachio"(it will be amazing on my mum!!)!! I'm a redhead with very pale skin and blue/green eyes... Is Red Velvet a good choice?? And have you tried "Carmine", is it a bit the same color as MAC "chili"(Chili is one of my favourite!!)? I think I'm going to be Besame addicted lol!!! Their packaging is sooo cute!! Thank you all of you for the discovery!!!!!

RetroMom

One of the Regulars
PennyCarrol, Carmine is my favorite Besame lipstick shade. I have worn it for about 2 years, it has a slightly orangy (not to much) tint, that I really love.

I also love the foundation and am very pale, but the bisque shade works well for me. I see now they are having a BOGO on the foundation, so I am going to have to place an order soon..

The powder is heavenly, but expensive for everyday use. I save it for special occasions and use Coty as my everyday powder:)

Decobelle

One of the Regulars
Sylvanrealm said:
Besame just lowered their prices on eyeshadow ($22 down to $18) and their boudoir rouge ($24 down to $20). Of course this is after I placed my order for two eyeshadows. Darn it! They also charged me more on shipping than the $3 domestic shipping advertised. I emailed them about it, but no reply.:(
Should I email them again? I did get a response to my product request email for that lovely red silk scarf, but that was it.

Also, does anyone have a picture of what the Noir Red lipstick looks like?

Hi Sylvanrealm,
You have probably heard from Besame by now, I hope. If not, I would keep trying. I needed to contact them about a mix-up on one of my orders, and it took 3 or 4 tries - but someone finally did respond and they were very nice and helpful. Good luck!

Sylvanrealm

New in Town
Decobelle said:
Hi Sylvanrealm,
You have probably heard from Besame by now, I hope. If not, I would keep trying. I needed to contact them about a mix-up on one of my orders, and it took 3 or 4 tries - but someone finally did respond and they were very nice and helpful. Good luck!

I did hear from them. They said that they would send me a check for the overcharge amount. That email was sent on the 7th and it has yet to arrive. I don't live THAT far away from LA. I'll contact them again in three days time. Also, I did receive my most recent order, but I only got one of my requested samles (Noir red). I didn't receive the light cashmere powder or the crimson rouge. I'm so sad because I wanted to try them before I ordered. I think I'll email them about that, too. They sent me a copy of my order in the box and those two samples had slashes next to them with "N.A." written. Does that mean they were our at the moment (in which case they should have included other samles, at least) or do they not give out samples of those any longer (in which case they should be removed from the samples option on the site)? :(
Thanks for the encouragement, Decobelle. At least I have hope that it'll work out eventually.

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
Sylvanrealm said:
I did hear from them. They said that they would send me a check for the overcharge amount. That email was sent on the 7th and it has yet to arrive. I don't live THAT far away from LA. I'll contact them again in three days time. Also, I did receive my most recent order, but I only got one of my requested samles (Noir red). I didn't receive the light cashmere powder or the crimson rouge. I'm so sad because I wanted to try them before I ordered. I think I'll email them about that, too. They sent me a copy of my order in the box and those two samples had slashes next to them with "N.A." written. Does that mean they were our at the moment (in which case they should have included other samles, at least) or do they not give out samples of those any longer (in which case they should be removed from the samples option on the site)? :(
Thanks for the encouragement, Decobelle. At least I have hope that it'll work out eventually.

I do quite alot of business from Besamé and recently they are phasing out the samples (being able to select the ones you want) because after the sales from December and this month they are low, and will be sending random samples. They are an excellent company and usually will provide excellent customer service. Don't give up!

pennycarrol

A-List Customer
I received my order a few days ago... The shipping was so fast, I can't believe it!!! Three days to go to France!!! I love my Red Velvet!! The golden bullet is sooooooo cute!!!! The color is great and it last, very high pigmented!! Well, I was a bit deceived because there wasn't any Red Hot Red samples, so they send me "Debutante Pink"... I'm a redhead and pink is just horrible on me!! I'm looking forward to order a rouge.... It's a bit expensive, but it worth it!!!!! Plus B?©same is not very well known in France, so it's cool!!! I get a lot of compliments because of the packaging!!!

pennycarrol

A-List Customer
Oooops, by the way I forgot... I need an advice from all of you ladies, who have purchased B?©same cosmetics from a very long time... I'm a redhead (approximately the same kind of red as Shirley Manson in the video "Only Happy When it Rains"...)... Which "Boudoir Rouge" do you recommend me (Crimson, Rasperry, Sun Kissed, Sweet Pink????)... I'm a bit lost as the description of the color is a bit approximative... Thank you!!!!!!

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
All of the rouge that Besame sells is very highly pigmented. A little goes a long way.. especially the crimson. The crimson is probably the closest thing to a true red. The sun kissed is like a mauvy pinkish very light brown. I think that is the color that looks the most natural.. .on any skintone. The Sweet pink would look great if you are very pale. Otherwise it might just 'sit' on top of your skin and look fake. If you have ever seen Benefit's Dandelion ,that is what Sweet Pink is like.

I own all three except for Raspberry. I usually wear the crimson, with a VERY light touch.

pennycarrol

A-List Customer
Thank you desi for your advice!!!! I'm pale, so maybe the sweet pink is the best... If the Sun Kiss is mauvy, I'm sure I won't like it... And the Crimson seems very very pigmented (probably made for brunette..)!!!!

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
pennycarrol said:
Thank you desi for your advice!!!! I'm pale, so maybe the sweet pink is the best... If the Sun Kiss is mauvy, I'm sure I won't like it... And the Crimson seems very very pigmented (probably made for brunette..)!!!!

The sweet pink is pretty light though, the Sun Kissed is more terra cotta but with some pinkish undertones. Maybe Mauve was a bit too severe in explanation.

The crimson I dont' think would be too bad, if it were used very lightly. But honestly, it is RED. WOO! lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo