Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Besame cosmetics

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Ok, so here are some quick shots from my first time wearing the new Bésame products. I'm wearing

red hot red lipstick
socialite brown eye shadow on eyelid
shimmer beige eye shadow on browbone and inner corner of eye
raspberry rouge

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3148/2411412344_9a431a4873_b.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2386/2410587445_3d73d914bd_b.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2093/2411415772_e2a9a87567_b.jpg

I've applied the eye shadows and rouge very, very lightly, you can easily build up a more intense color if you wish to.

Smuterella

One Too Many
Laura Chase said:
Ok, so here are some quick shots from my first time wearing the new Bésame products. I'm wearing

red hot red lipstick
socialite brown eye shadow on eyelid
shimmer beige eye shadow on browbone and inner corner of eye
raspberry rouge

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3148/2411412344_9a431a4873_b.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2386/2410587445_3d73d914bd_b.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2093/2411415772_e2a9a87567_b.jpg

I've applied the eye shadows and rouge very, very lightly, you can easily build up a more intense color if you wish to.

Laura, you really are beautiful, you have the most perfect eyebrows I have ever seen and such a coy expression!

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Smuterella said:
Laura, you really are beautiful, you have the most perfect eyebrows I have ever seen and such a coy expression!

Hihi, thank you. I'm always struggling with my eyebrows, though. The hairs are quite long so I need to trim them and they grow like crazy. :eek:

Anyway, the Bésame stuff was really nice. I'd love the carmine lipstick, but it was sold out when I ordered and I just don't have the heart to make another order since shipping is $45.

Ginny, could you post a picture of you with the dusty rose on? I'd like to see what the color is really like, the blots of color on the website really aren't representative.

Aorta

Familiar Face
Wow Laura, that lipstick colour suits you perfectly! It reminds me a bit of MAC's "Lady Danger", but it's less orange. I'd bet you would like Helena Rubinstein's "Smoked Topaz" (it's from her "Wanted Rouge" line). I already mentioned it in the lipstick-thread, it's a warm discreet daytime red - looks unspectacular in the tube, but very nice on the lips.

By the way, there's a German online-shop that sells the Besamé products. Maybe the shipping costs would be cheaper for you if you ordered there. Just a thought.

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Aorta said:
Wow Laura, that lipstick colour suits you perfectly! It reminds me a bit of MAC's "Lady Danger", but it's less orange. I'd bet you would like Helena Rubinstein's "Smoked Topaz" (it's from her "Wanted Rouge" line). I already mentioned it in the lipstick-thread, it's a warm discreet daytime red - looks unspectacular in the tube, but very nice on the lips.

By the way, there's a German online-shop that sells the Besamé products. Maybe the shipping costs would be cheaper for you if you ordered there. Just a thought.

Thank you. :)
Great tip! I will check out both MAC Lady Danger and HR Smoked Topaz, I really need a descreet red, and also a matte orange...

Aorta

Familiar Face
But, warning: "Lady Danger" is a colour that screams "Look at me!" :D . It's a matte shade and therefore highly pigmented. "So Chaud" might be another option, but it's also a matte.

Laura Chase

One Too Many
I have photographed the Bésame shades pistachio, peacock blue and socialite brown here, as I do not think the shades shown on the Bésame site are representative.

As I said before, you can easily build up to an intense color if you wish, but for wear during the day I just applied them lightly here.

You can view the pictures (and every little flaw in my skin lol) larger if you click on them.

Pistachio:

Peacock blue:

Socialite brown:

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Darhling said:
looks amazing Laura!! which one is your favorite at the moment? the peacock blue looks really good!

I can't say which one is my favorite because which one I wear depends on mood and spur of the moment, sometimes I feel like blue, sometimes pink, sometimes yellow, sometimes green... But the shimmer beige is really nice, I think. They are all lovely.

I just wish the pistachio was more green, it's too golden. I actually already have an eyeshadow in the exact same shade. When I ordered pistachio, I thought it was more... well... pistachio. But it's quite golden. Quite beautiful too, but not pistachio, I'd say.

Sunny

One Too Many
Jumping in here...

I've been using peacock blue every day for months, and I love it. It's really easy to get a slightly stronger shade with it, which is what I prefer.

I've had a sample of the pistachio for a while, and I agree that it's more golden than I really like. It's definitely more green - almost a pistachio/olive mix - if it's put on a little darker.

ginny

Familiar Face
Gingerbread mascara

In case anyone's interested, the new Gingerbread 1930's Waterproof mascara is now available. $24 is pretty steep for mascara :)eek: ), but I am going to give it a try anyway. If it's as good as they describe it, it will be worth it!

http://www.besamecosmetics.com/home/?page=gingerbread_mascara

They are bundling it with a satin roll and mini lip glaze as a mother's day promotion. They also have a free rouge with $35 purchase promotion going, but I'm not sure if you can get both promotions on one order.

Edit: here's one early review of the new mascara. Wonder when (or if) the brown and plum shades will be available?

Rock´n´Rose

New in Town
Yesterday I tried to order the gingerbread mascara, but I can´t choose
any shipping options for international shipping like I could before.

Did they stop international shipping? :eek:

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
Free 1930's Mascara with order!!!

Received in an email from Besamé

Orders placed between May 13th through May 31st receive a deluxe sample of our 1930s Waterproof Mascara. A natural, gentle formula that protects and conditions your lashes making it perfect for everyday use. Crafted from only 8 simple ingredients, this classic formula delivers beautiful lashes.

Order now Ladies!

MissQueenie

Practically Family
Too funny...

I was just checking to see if anyone had reviewed this mascara yet, and here it is! The early review doesn't say too much about it; does anyone else find the idea of a scented (especially food-scented!) mascara really strange?

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
I hope its nicer then their old mascara..

I just got some in the sale...and while it looks fine, it stays tacky ...which means smearing on me...or if I touch my eyes I get black on my fingers...

maybe it would work for the smeary teary 20's heroine makeup...;)

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
MissQueenie said:
I was just checking to see if anyone had reviewed this mascara yet, and here it is! The early review doesn't say too much about it; does anyone else find the idea of a scented (especially food-scented!) mascara really strange?

I thought it was weird to have a food scent on mascara. But I suppose that smell was unintentional from the new formulation which is supposed to be natural and healthier. On their product description on their website they downplay the gingerbread factor more now than they did before.

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
Miss Neecerie said:
I hope its nicer then their old mascara..

I just got some in the sale...and while it looks fine, it stays tacky ...which means smearing on me...or if I touch my eyes I get black on my fingers...

maybe it would work for the smeary teary 20's heroine makeup...;)

That smearing was what I was afraid of... I seem to have that problem with the cake mascaras too!

Blondie

Practically Family
I remember when MAC first started, their mascara was rose scented.
I couldnt wear it as the scent made my eyes water, i would imagine gingerbread scented mascara would do the same.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner