Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bespoke Simmons Bilt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
"Sure, but the details have been laid bare to use your expression on a lot of major companies... do you drink Coke?"

Nope. Never touch it - equivalent of nine sugar cubes in every can and dubious ethics to boot. I don't eat in fast food restaurants, not keen on junk food generally, avoid bargain basement clothing shops where sweat shop products are likely to be found, and I do my best to buy from people who source/employ ethically.
Won't pretend to be perfect - sugar is ubiquitous as your little added sneer suggests - but I do what I can, just like many others here do, so when it comes to companies like SB it's a no-brainer to say 'no thanks'.
Small point: I find it interesting that we seem to be getting harangued by realtively new members on a subject that has been gone over so many times that it's polished to a shine. Strikes me as an attempt to foist 'alternative facts' on us...

Last edited:

K-Pants

One of the Regulars
Ok all. This is scintillating stuff, and I am usually not one to get in the way of fiery, no holds barred discussions involving a battery of master debaters, but has this been discussed in these forums before? Are we regurgitating old arguments and coming to similar ends?

Otter

One Too Many
Ok all. This is scintillating stuff, and I am usually not one to get in the way of fiery, no holds barred discussions involving a battery of master debaters, but has this been discussed in these forums before? Are we regurgitating old arguments and coming to similar ends?

Oh yes. Do a search for the trial thread. It used to be pinned to the top of the forum.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I understand

I understand the Style Forum is a good place for Croc wearers. You strike me as the type of person who'll own a pair...;)

K-Pants

One of the Regulars
I understand

I understand the Style Forum is a good place for Croc wearers. You strike me as the type of person who'll own a pair...;)
What's a croc?
Ok, got it: you mean chef shoes.
No, not a chef. And haven't worn them.
Not sure what you meant by that but...

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
"Sure, but the details have been laid bare to use your expression on a lot of major companies... do you drink Coke?"

Nope. Never touch it - equivalent of nine sugar cubes in every can and dubious ethics to boot. I don't eat in fast food restaurants, not keen on junk food generally, avoid bargain basement clothing shops where sweat shop products are likely to be found, and I do my best to buy from people who source/employ ethically.
Won't pretend to be perfect - sugar is ubiquitous as your little added sneer suggests - but I do what I can, just like many others here do, so when it comes to companies like SB it's a no-brainer to say 'no thanks'.
Small point: I find it interesting that we seem to be getting harangued by realtively new members on a subject that has been gone over so many times that it's polished to a shine. Strikes me as an attempt to foist 'alternative facts' on us...

Same here... I avoid Coke and Fast food but still eat quite a bit of sugar.
It wasn't a sneer but a shrug :D

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up

Big J

Call Me a Cab
Wow! Some topics never get old!
In the past, I've had order issues and gripes about Aero under Ken, and I've talked about them here (Ken was awesome about putting things right for me), so I'm not an 'Aero fan boy'.
I followed the trial (thank you Sloan), and it exposed a cynical attempt to undermine and bankrupt a local family run business that built itself up over many years from nothing, by a disgruntled (possibly mentally ill) insider backed by a wealthy businessman seeking to 'buy' the cachet of the Aero brand name.
They failed.
One of the was jailed for it.
The other had to re-brand his business and slash prices just to stay in the game.
They deserve to fail. I wouldn't be proud to say I'm wearing their jacket just because I saved a couple of hundred bucks- I'd be embarrassed.
But if some new member who hasn't read the trial notes wants to berate and patronize me with sophistry and talks of 'morals' and 'ethics' because, hey, Coca〜Cola (!) then well, gee whizz, I guess I'll just overturn the whole world as I understand it then...(sigh).
Enjoy your SB/AL jacket. They should do a special edition with prison stripe lining.

K-Pants

One of the Regulars
In the past, I've had order issues and gripes about Aero under Ken, and I've talked about them here (Ken was awesome about putting things right for me), so I'm not an 'Aero fan boy'.
I followed the trial (thank you Sloan), and it exposed a cynical attempt to undermine and bankrupt a local family run business that built itself up over many years from nothing, by a disgruntled (possibly mentally ill) insider backed by a wealthy businessman seeking to 'buy' the cachet of the Aero brand name.
They failed.
The other had to re-brand his business and slash prices just to stay in the game.
They deserve to fail. I wouldn't be proud to say I'm wearing their jacket just because I saved a couple of hundred bucks- I'd be embarrassed.
But if some new member who hasn't read the trial notes wants to berate and patronize me with sophistry and talks of 'morals' and 'ethics' because, hey, Coca〜Cola (!) then well, gee whizz, I guess I'll just overturn the whole world as I understand it then...(sigh).
Enjoy your SB/AL jacket. They should do a special edition with prison stripe lining.
That prison stripe lining sounds pretty fantastic. I wish I had ordered mine with that.

El Marro

They failed.
Big J is back!!!!!!!!!!

the loco

One of the Regulars
I wear #40 suits, and have a #42 Roadster, which looks identical to the Highwayman. However, the Roadster fits me fine, but it could be even better with 1 extra inch in the chest and 1" less in the waist. I think, the 42 HWM runs huge for me, the equivalent would perhaps be #36 HWM, which makes me wonder about the patterns.

I mean, they have been stolen which no one can approve or justify, however if they are actually being used I'm not sure.

K-Pants

One of the Regulars
I wear #40 suits, and have a #42 Roadster, which looks identical to the Highwayman. However, the Roadster fits me fine, but it could be even better with 1 extra inch in the chest and 1" less in the waist. I think, the 42 HWM runs huge for me, the equivalent would perhaps be #36 HWM, which makes me wonder about the patterns.

I mean, they have been stolen which no one can approve or justify, however if they are actually being used I'm not sure.
So the sizing is different, huh? That seems weird.

Superfluous

So the sizing is different, huh? That seems weird.

If you had read the prior posts regarding AL/SB more carefully, you would have noted that, in a thinly veiled attempt to make their wrongful use of Aero's patterns less obvious, AL/SB simply bumped up the designated sizes of their jackets. Hence, when using Aero's size 40 pattern for a particular jacket, AL/SB labeled their copy a 42. Rather pathetic attempt to evade detection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner