Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bespoke Simmons Bilt

Status
Not open for further replies.

K-Pants

One of the Regulars
Yeah I'm sure there are many here that think that way. It's based on there flagship m/c jacket, the m-500. The key difference being the button cuffs, half belt and banded waist. Conversely here's my Aero With similar design elements:
View attachment 66243
Both are very nice jackets with similarities and differences. You won't find most of JL's better work on their site. They will make anything you want off pics or ideas and you are responsible for its success or failure in some regards. They let you drive so it's best you know what you're after.

That's great; being able to work with them to design whatever you want. Nice bootlegger, btw!

That's great; being able to work with them to design whatever you want.
It certainly is. But be aware they aren't a bargain alternative and the final product, if you go this route is precisely what you asked for. They do furnish a fit jacket to work off of which is very helpful and will build a cloth mock up if necessary. I want to get another project cooking with them soon as they have access to some really great hides and they are very attentive to quite specific alterations.

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
6359279773703196621432195854_puppytirednotext.jpeg

K-Pants

One of the Regulars
Ton312:

So you had a Detroit SB made? What was your experience? You mention an error that should have been caught in quality check. Was it a real fail on SB's part?

I have a Detroit on order and am hoping all goes well with the hide.

Ton312:

So you had a Detroit SB made? What was your experience? You mention an error that should have been caught in quality check. Was it a real fail on SB's part?

I have a Detroit on order and am hoping all goes well with the hide.
In fairness I purchased it thru a 3rd party seller. Just a thin spot in the hide. I wouldn't worry if I were you. If there's a problem, send it back and I'm sure they'll rectify it for you.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Given that they have barely added to their roster of designs in the past few years, compared with Aero's 40-plus new ones, I'd be surprised if they have the wherewithal, in terms of capacity and technical prowess (patterning etc), to create 'whatever you want'.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Given that they have barely added to their roster of designs in the past few years, compared with Aero's 40-plus new ones, I'd be surprised if they have the wherewithal, in terms of capacity and technical prowess (patterning etc), to create 'whatever you want'.

Johnson Leathers? Or do I missunderstand your post and you do not refer to ton312s statement about JL doing "make anything you want"?

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Sorry, I misread a post. I thought that was a reference to SB. Of course, JL do a fantastic job producing unique one-off leathers.

K-Pants

One of the Regulars
Sorry, I misread a post. I thought that was a reference to SB. Of course, JL do a fantastic job producing unique one-off leathers.
I am not sure how outrageous SB would get with their custom work. I know a fella here in FL named plumbline had some custom things made there.

Mine was just a Detroit minus the chest pocket with an added inside pocket and a riri

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Well, I'd be careful of what you ask for. I'm told that they've stopped doing returns on heavy custom jobs nowadays.

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It certainly is. But be aware they aren't a bargain alternative and the final product, if you go this route is precisely what you asked for. They do furnish a fit jacket to work off of which is very helpful and will build a cloth mock up if necessary. I want to get another project cooking with them soon as they have access to some really great hides and they are very attentive to quite specific alterations.

I actually started discussing a very unique jacket with them :D

K-Pants

One of the Regulars
Well, I'd be careful of what you ask for. I'm told that they've stopped doing returns on heavy custom jobs nowadays.
Then I hope they get my measurements right!

I see very few examples of Aero August jackets. I'd love to see more. Saw, I think, one example here on FL. If I go for another jacket in the next couple of years, I may zero in on that one, if nothing else catches my fancy

I don't think that's an unfair policy. If the maker gives you the keys and you crash the car it's not their fault you can't drive. If the steering wheel falls off then that's a different story. I know I've been on the recieving end of this scenario and I had to just accept I blew it. Said maker was kind enough to offer me a credit toward another purchase which I felt was more than fair. I'm not a designer but I do have ideas. Some just aren't any good.

I actually started discussing a very unique jacket with them :D
Please create a thread if you go through with it! JL makes such great stuff and they have access to some very unique hides.
I want to do something in the CXL 4.75oz Horween cognac. But. Money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred