Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best beauty decision you've made?

Bixie Bliss

New in Town
1. Going blonde. I'd dyed my hair black for about 15 years. Nature made that more and more difficult and by the end I would have 4 days of my hair looking good after dyeing then the grey parting began. About 4 years ago I started getting highlights and after 12 months of having hair about 14 different shades varying of blonde, ginger, brown, black, I was blonde. No more dyeing my hair every 4 weeks, just top up highlights every 12 weeks. I was worried it wouldn't suit me as black hair suited me so well, but my hairdresser says I am one of the lucky ones that both look equally good.

2. Learning burlesque. I am less clumsy and just hold myself better. I'd never call myself a dancer in a million years, but I just have more awareness of what my limbs are doing and I'm more feminine. It's increased my confidence and I take better care of myself when I do classes. When I stop, the old tomboy comes back.

3. Learning how to do winged eyeliner a few years ago. I am now able to do this on a train if I have to. I generally hate women doing their make-up in public as it seems a private thing, but sometimes a girl likes to show off ;)

4. Red nail polish. My hands look so much better and even if the rest of me is dressed down, matching nails and lips always lifts me.

swanson_eyes

Practically Family
Taking my makeup palette over to the warmer/earthier side, once I realized I have a peach-yellow undertone to my skin. I can do purples and berries, but they have to be more red than blue. Most of my red lippies are on the orange or brown side rather than blue-reds.

N.K.

New in Town
In May of 2017 I started a detox diet and I'm really glad I did it. It was though, because it was a 4 month diet and very strict, but it has helped me to solve a skin issue I had. I mostly did it through eating healthy and knowing what to eat and what not, and by taking extra vitamins/minerals. It has resulted in my skin looking way healthier than it ever did before and it also has gotten softer! And I lost a few pounds too :p
Other than that, I'm glad I got my hair bobbed again a la Colleen Moore. It's so much easier to maintain and well... I love 20s fashion so that's a big plus too!

Eva Granch

New in Town
Laser removing! I did it about 5 years ago and am currently looking for a new place to do a few touch up sessions-- so worth it!
Wearing less makeup is something that I have become way more comfortable with in the last year—and my skin is very happy about the decision, too!

Staci

New in Town
Best beauty decision I ever made hands down was going blonde. I had dark brown hair my whole life never dyed my hair recent my hair has gotten a lot of gray I knew I need to dye it I thought about auburn like my mom but it did not feel right deep down I always wanted to be a blonde but I was sure it would look right. After a long talk with a expert she sold me and made the appointment I was scared. Once it was done I felt so good and confident. I have never felt attractive it why I have worked so hard on my fashion and hair(one reason I wear rollers so much, other after 50 years of sleeping in them not sure I can sleep without them. My blonde locks make me feel good and for first time attractive. I still focus on what I wear, fixing my hair, and doing my makeup the difference I not distract from my looks now I am enhancing my looks. In addition I have hazel eyes and the shade of blonde turns my eyes an incredible bright green

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB