Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best hairpsray ?

Blondie

Practically Family
Just wondering what everyone uses,
i am using the Bedhead one, but leaves my hair crunchy,
i need firm hold but don't like the crunch !

RetroMom

One of the Regulars
I like the John Freida "Frizz Ease" - if I end up like Little Orphan Annie after I take out my pins, this spray really calms down my 'do!

texasgirl

One Too Many
I use JOICO K-PAK Protective Hairspray

Designed for: medium hold (although I think it's more of a strong hold)

Benefits:
Medium-hold hairspray provides ultimate protection while delivering flexible styling, healthy body, volume and control that lasts all day.

Leaves hair feeling soft, natural, touchable and brushable.

katiemakeup

Practically Family
texasgirl said:
I use JOICO K-PAK Protective Hairspray

Designed for: medium hold (although I think it's more of a strong hold)

Benefits:
Medium-hold hairspray provides ultimate protection while delivering flexible styling, healthy body, volume and control that lasts all day.

Leaves hair feeling soft, natural, touchable and brushable.

I have never heard of that! Where can you get it? I'm not too into hairspray, but when I do use it I like Aussie sprunch? I think? It's not scrunch... but it smells like candy and really holds well.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
My favorite ever is from Bumble and Bumble. Smells nice and holds well, but it's so wretchedly expensive, like all their products.

The Shirt

Practically Family
Big Sexy Hair - hairspray. I bought it because it made me laugh and I am a sucker for packaging. To my delight I think it's pretty fantastic for hold without being too crunchy.

Laura Chase

One Too Many
I think Elnett is nice because it's such a good working spray, it doesn't flake and you can brush it out. The hold is not stiff but therefore not that strong either.

Right now, I really love Tresemme Freeze Hold, the one in the white bottle. It is very, very strong hold, to the point it gets stiff, but really nice because you can still brush it out. It does flake if you build it up, though, so I use it sparingly...

Other than that, I like Ice Shine, as mentioned. It actually does give shine, which is good since hairsprays sometimes leave my hair very matte. Also strong hold, but unfortunately this one flakes badly, so it's more of a spray you use if you really need your hair to look fab for one evening/day, and you can just wash it out afterwords. Not much of a working spray.

So, I must say, Elnett is great for overall everyday use... But I will keep experimenting. :)

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
I only use hairspray on my bangs to prevent fly-aways. I've used Pantene for years, and usually go with something that will hold in windy weather. Can't remember which one that is. It smells good, though.

ShortClara

One Too Many
I love the plain old tresemme that I bought when my good stuff ran out and I haven't switched back.

Nashoba

One Too Many
I like the aussie frizz control styling cream for my 'setting' lotion, I like the sprunch spray and their hairspray for flexible hold that really is soft and I like their instant freeze for finishing.

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ethnic hair spray!

i like a lot of hold, but have super dry hair, so I have started using hairspray made for black people's hair, ad I love it! My current fave is called IsoPlus 24 Hour Hold, and it is a strong hold with no crunch whatsoever. Makes my hair silky!

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Miss 1929 said:
i like a lot of hold, but have super dry hair, so I have started using hairspray made for black people's hair, ad I love it! My current fave is called IsoPlus 24 Hour Hold, and it is a strong hold with no crunch whatsoever. Makes my hair silky!

OOh! I am going to have to give that a try!! Ethnic hair products work so well with my hair, I don't know why I haven't thought of using that as well.. lol Thanks for the tip!

Grnidwitch

A-List Customer
Aquanet. Truly the Queen of hairsprays. I used it when my hair was short. I only use it now when I've set my hair for a night out. I had no problems but you dry hair girls might not like it.

Blondie

Practically Family
Miss 1929 said:

Where did you buy it from ?????
Sounds like it may just work for me ! YEAHHHHHHH:eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo