Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BEST OF 2007

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
LizzieMaine said:
I don't follow modern music, so I'll pass on CD's -- nothing in the way of historical reissues caught my attention this year.
If it weren't for Amy Winehouse, I wouldn't have a fav CD either!
"Sam's Town" by the Killers (probably the only other new modern music I bought) was a huge let down for me.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Dapper Dan said:
Colbert and Stewart are both returning to the airwaves on the 7th, sans the striking writers. I'm not expecting much, but I'll still be tuning in.

Yes, I've heard, but in my book without the writers it will be Stephen and Jon interviewing and ad libing, it won't really be TCR and TDS.

I'm really torn about whether or not to watch (even though I'm not a Nielsen family so it's all moot anyway). They're going back under pressure from Viacom and so their non-writing staff won't get fired but it still smacks of scabbish behavior. Tough situation.

Dapper Dan

One of the Regulars
I don't think it's really scabbish unless they fire or replace the current writing staff, which they won't. The shows will probably be pretty crappy without the writers, but I think it'll be at least worth giving a chance.

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
imoldfashioned said:
CD/Song: The new albums* from Arcade Fire and Spoon

Am I the only one that thinks the singer of Arcade fire looks like a tall version of Rik Mayall? lol

My favorite new album of 2007 was The Kaiser Chiefs' Yours Truly, Angry Mob.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy