Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best of the new Aero bunch

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Aeronaut in brown rather than that flaccid, pale hide.

Pretty sure with my luck I'd stain that white right out of the gate!

(Yesterday, I was sporting a fresh pair of $300+ Japanese denim jeans and ended up with a big grass stain on em- sooo pissed!)

simonc

Practically Family
Pretty sure with my luck I'd stain that white right out of the gate!

(Yesterday, I was sporting a fresh pair of $300+ Japanese denim jeans and ended up with a big grass stain on em- sooo pissed!)

Well that will teach you to go on picnics with strangers.

majormajor

One Too Many
Man, your knees would buckle and your shoulders give way! It ain't called heavy horsehide for nothing.

SJ

madhorse.jpg

frussell

One Too Many
Living in a hot area, I am a sucker for a good vest/waistcoat. The Shackleton really caught my eye, but I'd need a slightly lower cut collar. Also, that many buttons is a lot to deal with. It's sharp as hell, but I'm wondering if I would look like a giant hobbit trying to pull it off. $400 U.S. is still pretty big bucks for a vest. I'd be really interested to see photos of more folks wearing one before I took the plunge. Frank

Edward

Bartender
Man, your knees would buckle and your shoulders give way! It ain't called heavy horsehide for nothing.

SJ

I'd consider something a little lighter, possibly, for that one, though tbh I've never found weight a problem with my jackets. Granted, they're shorter, but still. I like the look of the Barnstormer, but I'd be looking at it from pov of it being an overcoat - I've got no use for one that wouldn't sufficiently cover a suit jacket.

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
I'd consider something a little lighter, possibly, for that one, though tbh I've never found weight a problem with my jackets. Granted, they're shorter, but still. I like the look of the Barnstormer, but I'd be looking at it from pov of it being an overcoat - I've got no use for one that wouldn't sufficiently cover a suit jacket.

I had a shearling lined Barnstormer in FQHH which I got rid of recently and it weighed nearly 6kg. Not far off a stone. Can't say it bothered me much, the weight is evenly distributed over the shoulders. People did look a bit shocked if they picked it up though.

Edward

Bartender
I had a shearling lined Barnstormer in FQHH which I got rid of recently and it weighed nearly 6kg. Not far off a stone. Can't say it bothered me much, the weight is evenly distributed over the shoulders. People did look a bit shocked if they picked it up though.

Heh, yes.... I can imagine. It's funny how much heavier a lot of jackets feel in the hand - I suppose it's the same old thing as how much more weight one can carry distributed over the shoulders as opposed to in the hand... I can imagine the shearling one would be weighty. I've looked at that option, though I suspect that over a suit in Winter it would be just too much... I think I'd most likely run with a nice wool.

Heh, yes.... I can imagine. It's funny how much heavier a lot of jackets feel in the hand - I suppose it's the same old thing as how much more weight one can carry distributed over the shoulders as opposed to in the hand... I can imagine the shearling one would be weighty. I've looked at that option, though I suspect that over a suit in Winter it would be just too much... I think I'd most likely run with a nice wool.
When I first dropped 40lbs, I picked up a bottle (5 gallons) of Arrowhead water. I was amazed that I had that much extra weight, and it seemed impossible. I don't know how these TV show folks losing 200+ pounds lived before that. A jacket at 10-12 pounds doesn't seem so bad lol

Edward

Bartender
When I first dropped 40lbs, I picked up a bottle (5 gallons) of Arrowhead water. I was amazed that I had that much extra weight, and it seemed impossible. I don't know how these TV show folks losing 200+ pounds lived before that. A jacket at 10-12 pounds doesn't seem so bad lol

Heh. I'm dropping weight myself at the minute - the Thirties Halfbelt is a pretty powerful tool for keeping an eye on it!

repo

Familiar Face
Heh. I'm dropping weight myself at the minute - the Thirties Halfbelt is a pretty powerful tool for keeping an eye on it!

I agree - jackets are an excellent motivation to lose weight! I went from a 52" to 44'' (even managed 42" at one point) - it's increasing again though :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buhles