Best places to buy fabric online?

Discussion in 'The Powder Room' started by Drea, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Drea

Drea New in Town

I looked through the sewing lessons and faq section and didn't see alot of links to fabric websites if there is a thread about this already please redirect me to it! I would usually buy from reprodepot.com but it has been gone for a while so its very dissapointing they had such an amazing selection micheal miller fabrics has some amazing fabric as well but you can't buy them directly off the website which makes the ones I want on there very hard to find I feel like alot of fabric stores online are too granny/crafy or tacky overpriced designer fabric so suggestions would be awesome! thank you in advance!

2. Miss Golightly

Miss Golightly Call Me a Cab

I bought some beautiful fabric off Etsy - you could check there and see if they have what you're looking for?

3. Drea

Drea New in Town

I ADORE the fabrics on etsy but with how much sewing I do I usually need to buy it in much larger quanities and usually with the ones I really like there is only 1-2 yards and since I'm in the process of releasing a collection I need make sure I can buy extra of a certain fabric if I need to!

4. Tomasso

Tomasso Incurably Addicted

5. Fabric.com usually has a good selection, and it seems that the stock changes often.

6. ZombieGirl

ZombieGirl One of the Regulars

Don't forget to message the seller if you see a fabric you adore. I'd be willing to bet that they'll work with you on the quantities you need.

7. Lady Day

Lady Day I'll Lock Up Bartender

8. Amy Jeanne

Amy Jeanne Call Me a Cab

jandofabrics.com

The store is also amazing. They have EVERYTHING all in neat aisles, coordinated by theme and then colour. It's a neat freak seamstress's dream come true.

9. LittleMissPussyCat

LittleMissPussyCat Familiar Face

A Couple of great British fabric firms, neither are reproduction or retro, but both often have great traditional fabrics and sometimes repro designs.

Cheap Fabrics
    Croft Mill

10. Drea

Drea New in Town

Thanks for all of the awesome suggestions :D keep them coming if you can! this can be a good reference point for others as well if the same question comes up again.

Ordering online can be tricky so its good to order from places that will you send you samples so that way you know exactly what you are getting!

11. Twinkle

Twinkle Familiar Face

Where do you ladies find good vintage or vintage reproduction fabrics?

I usually search on ebay etc for feed sacks etc which are great for tops, and other than that I usually stumble across things, for basics like Linen and wool and twills/drills it's not too bad but for authentic patterns, especially 40's and 50's I am having a spot of bother, so if anyone can list websites that they use??

I particually love the blouse that Lauren is wearing in her profile picture, things like that...

Many thanks in advance...

Estelle :)

12. Nashoba

Nashoba One Too Many

Ok now I'm in love with reproduction.com. sigh. more fabrics for me to add to the stash.....