Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Suit You Ever Bought off the Rack?

anselmo1

One of the Regulars
The best suit I ever bought off the rack was at the Riverside Men's Shop in Buffalo, NY back in 1977. It was a three piece black striped suit which was made exclusively for the Riverside Men's Shop. (Made in the USA by the way).
Pants were outward pleated to perfection, suit lining first class and stiching out of this world.

Alterations and custom tailoring were free!

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
My Nick Hilton grey crepe 3-button, now 12 years old and showing no signs of age whatsoever. A classic shape somewhere between drape and sack, broad pleated pants, and so light in weight it's wearable all year round.

vonwotan

Practically Family
The last and best off the rack suit I owned was a three piece Pierre Cardin boys suit in a fabric much like the old (pre Marks & Spencer) safari cotton from Brooks Brothers. This and one of his raw silk blazers were among the last off the rack clothing I have been able to wear without considerable tailoring.

These were purchase while I was still in grammar school, fifth or sixth grade (?), as I was still in the school choir.

Flitcraft

One Too Many
Sean Jean-believe it or not!!!- from Macy's. Light gray sharkskin, peaked lapels, double vents, pleated and cuffed trousers- and less than $300 on sale!

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have bought many suits but I just bought a nice three piece Glen Plaid Double Breasted from Ralph Lauren Purple Label in a very usable green.

pPOLO2-3110553_standard_v330.jpg

It is a wool and angora mix. I will need to wait another week while it is in the chop shop.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender

I bought this Italian tweed suit at Neiman Marcus and it fits as if it were made for me. It has high armholes, and a notched lapel waistcoat. It is now pushing 17 years old and I still wear it regularly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner