Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best USA Akubra dealer?

89quattro

One of the Regulars
Sam at EA bundles all of his monthly non-stock Akubra sales, and places his order on the last Friday of the month, so factor that in when you place your order.

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
Just made another purchase with Sam at EA and again his customer service is above and beyond. He responded to two questions I had within 20 minutes and the hat shipped today headed for me in the US. It amazes me he can ship something from around melbourne and get it to me here in the hills of WV in a week. His service is awesome

H Weinstein

One of the Regulars
One more vote for Sam at EA. He's very good at replying to e-mails by the next business day. And on a couple of occasions, he happily shot photos and e-mailed them to me to show me how different colors compared side-by-side.

CatInTheHat

New in Town
I live in North Carolina, and there are no Akubra dealers near me. Who is the best online USA dealer to work with? Good prices, good service, etc...

There's a list of USA dealers here:
http://akubra-usa.com/ak_akubra_dealers.html

Who can you recommend?
I have bought a few nice ones from Ebay. I wear a 56 or 7. Just picked up a very nice Riverina with a white liner. Says made in Asustralia for outback trading co. Nice pecan color.

dkstott

Practically Family
Delmonico Hatter in New Haven CT is a dealer in Akubra's. I'm fortunate to live close by to be able to try out hats.

They're having a 15% off sale until the end of July.. Special code is on their website to add when ordering.

Hat Direct AKA The Hattery has also been awesome for me. I'm a 58.3 size hat wearer. Twice, they've measured stock for me to find the largest 58 in inventory. but be aware that due to Covid, there's a delay in shipping times. I used courier about 2 months ago and the hat too about 21 days to go from Australia to CT... The ladies tell me that regular shipping can take up to 2 months for deliveries.

JohnS33931

One of the Regulars
Just incase anyone is wondering about the current shipping time - I ordered an Akubra Reef from The Hattery last Thursday Night (July 16th - about 10:00 pm Eastern Time). They shipped on the 17th and it arrived today (July 22). I did pay the extra for the courier (EMS) service as they told me regular shipping had been slow. So 6 days including the weekend - pretty good, I think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925