Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best USA Akubra dealer?

Gromulus

Practically Family
While I have purchased most of my (17) Akubras from Everything Australian and Hats Direct in OZ, I have also bought a few from David Morgan. Albeit a bit more expensive than buying from the above two merchants, they offer outstanding service and I believe they are the exclusive NA distributor of Akubra hats ....meaning they supply all the other NA dealers.

They do not carry some of the models such as the Campdraft and Federation (exclusive to Hats Direct).

If they have your color/size in stock or you can wait for a model that isn't, it is hard to beat Sam's service at Everything Australian.

Last edited:

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Forget US dealers, you'll just end up paying more for the same products.

I've had good service from Hats Direct, Everything Australian, and Aussie Bush Hats and Oilskins. (I once had a problem with Hats By The Hundred and don't recommend them.) Unless you want a Federation or can't hack the possible three-month wait, I'd also recommend dealing with Sam Menche at EA first... he really is a mensch!

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Sam's the man. All the way from Australia in less than a week for a lot less than other dealers, and the hat arrived nicely boxed and perfect in every way.

Fed in a Fedora

Practically Family
Sam at EA did a far better job than those other guys. He actually looked at the hat and helped me through my purchases. I will only go elsewhere after checking to see if EA can supply what is needed.

PHIL1959

One of the Regulars
I've bought two stylemasters from Sam at EA. everything went great. one of them,the carbon grey was in stock, received it within a week, sailed thru British customs. Sam's a great guy to do business with.

Ginseng

One of the Regulars
I've been very pleased with the product and service from HatsDirect. Trudi has been responsive and pleasant in communications and helpful with information about the hats i was interested in. I ordered the Fed IV Deluxe based on readings here, it was too large. But Trudi took it back no questions asked and dispatched the next size down...which I'm wearing right this minute and fits very well. I just placed an order for a Campdraft Deluxe in Moonstone and am awaiting that. Delivery has been slightly under 2 weeks, if I recall correctly. My next purchase will be a lighter hat for the coming warm weather.

Looking forward to my first transaction with EA as well.

swd

New in Town
Just a question, if I may. I see many folks here who have ordered from EA and received their hats in short order. When I look at their website, all the hats I have any interest in show a 3 month delivery time. Is this just a "stock" answer for them, and availability is really better than that? Are people here are just lucky? Or is that 3 month wait pretty much correct? It just seems odd that many hats show a delayed delivery, yet folks here are reporting something on the order of a week or two. The reason I'm asking is that I'm not going to be interested in waiting 3 months for a production hat. A custom, sure, but not for a production one. Just curious...

I'm over here on the Group W bench myself, waiting for a Fedora I ordered a month or so ago. It seems they have some things in stock, but apparently Akubra makes seasonal runs on their hat manufacturing, hence the wait. EA seems to have Campdrafts and CEOs in stock, in select colors.

I'm itchin' for a Campdraft, but I want to wait to try my Fedora first, as I'm stressing over some of the discussions regarding Akubras and size. Hoping my 58 is a true 58.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
swd - The three-month thing is easy to understand. Most Akubra dealers don't stock every hat model in every possible size and color; if you request one they don't have, they have to order it from the factory.

The Akubra factory cycles through production on ALL their styles/colors/sizes every three months. When a dealer doesn't have a particular hat in stock and they have to order it, the order could take as long as three months, depending on which hat model and where it fits in the production cycle. So you can get lucky, and your hat was recently built and is sitting in the warehouse, and the dealer gets it in a few days for shipment to you. Or you can get unlucky, and your hat won't even be made for 11 weeks!

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Just a question, if I may. I see many folks here who have ordered from EA and received their hats in short order. When I look at their website, all the hats I have any interest in show a 3 month delivery time. Is this just a "stock" answer for them, and availability is really better than that? Are people here are just lucky? Or is that 3 month wait pretty much correct? It just seems odd that many hats show a delayed delivery, yet folks here are reporting something on the order of a week or two. The reason I'm asking is that I'm not going to be interested in waiting 3 months for a production hat. A custom, sure, but not for a production one. Just curious...

Sam at EA will tell u xactly what he has and how long it will take to get it and what he doesn't have and how long it will take to get that. He's very accurate.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
I'm over here on the Group W bench myself, waiting for a Fedora I ordered a month or so ago. It seems they have some things in stock, but apparently Akubra makes seasonal runs on their hat manufacturing, hence the wait. EA seems to have Campdrafts and CEOs in stock, in select colors.

I'm itchin' for a Campdraft, but I want to wait to try my Fedora first, as I'm stressing over some of the discussions regarding Akubras and size. Hoping my 58 is a true 58.

I've ordered 2 Campdrafts from Sam at EA. Both size 58. Both fit perfectly out of the box and still the same after many wearings. Get your size.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner