Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bicycles & suits

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yes, but I figured out it was for showing forum members on their bikes (and not vintage pictures)[huh]
I just found the link when searching for pictures with plus fours. I like the many snapshots of the boys goofing off.

Giftmacher

One Too Many
I wouldn't take vintage-like or modern bike, so I come to a decision restore real vintage bicycle for everyday riding, there's plenty of them everywhere and no one wants them. This is wartime (circa 1942) tourist model CZ 2/V. Work still not finished on it, but here's some pictures as inspiration for the others.
http://photobucket.com/CSZ
0979243001341835583.jpg

Tenorclef

One of the Regulars
here's one of me wearing a suit and bicycle, it does run a bit hot mind and you have to not mind that people will find the look a bit odd...

AndrewKerenskytweedbike-1.jpg

Bicycle is a Pashley Sovereign and yes i'm wearing just the one brooks leather trouser clip.

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
If the guy on the bike had bigger shoes, I'd swear he was a clown.

Why is it that in modern fashion shoots they always try to throw some element into the mix (in this case several) that looks totally absurd? Are they simply too unsure of themselves to play it straight anymore?

Has the world grown so cynical that everyone now feels the need to pad themselves against it? To build some sort of "out" into everything they do?

You know, aside from the ill fitting jacket and absurd smurf hat, I would say he's really not doing too badly. The colours all work together, the patterns jive pretty well, and while they're a bit brighter than I might choose, they're not bad for summer time, even the shoes aren't horrid (Note that they are actual cycling shoes, and it looks like there's a slim chance he may have some kind of clipless system, so they make sense, and they do appear to be leather as opposed to silly looking sneakers.) If the fellow would just trim up his beard, get a bigger jacket and lose the ridiculous hat, he'd actually be cutting quite a dash, in my opinion. Imagine this very same ensemble with a properly fitting jacket and a nice panama or straw boater - very natty, don't you think?

Sad that, as you say, people seem to need to have "an out" where they can claim to be ironic or whatever the hipsters are on about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy