Bicycles & suits

Discussion in 'Suits' started by MrBern, Apr 17, 2009.

1. scotrace

scotrace Head Bartender Staff Member

Why not?

[​IMG]

2. Scott, you rock! :eusa_clap

3. Mary

Mary Practically Family

I'd cheer for cyclists like these any day!

[​IMG]

4. Mr Scott, are those knee-high boots?

bk

5. Puttees? Leather shin guards?

6. scotrace

scotrace Head Bartender Staff Member

None, just long socks, navy suit pants and black wing tips. I may have rubber-banded the pant leg?

Thanks Marc. :)

But - using leather leggings is not a bad idea for cycling at all! A new reason to look for a pair of WWI leggings.

7. Lamplight

Lamplight One of the Regulars

Well it's a horrible picture, but here I am wearing a sport coat and fedora while riding...indoors. :D

[​IMG]

8. just_me

just_me Practically Family

SNORK!!!!!! Thanks for the laugh.

If there is anything that this horrible tragedy can teach us, it's that a male model's life is a precious, precious commodity. Just because we have chiseled abs and stunning features, it doesn't mean that we too can't not die in a freak gasoline fight accident.
    lol lol lol lol

9. MrBern

MrBern I'll Lock Up

spinclasses.

yes, AIRFLOW.
    I have a friend who goes on many bike trips for charities, but wont do spin classes at the gym...because the wind in his face keeps him cool. The gym spin just leaves him miserable.

He also noticed that everyone in the classes have beautiful clean biking shoes...because they never actually go anywhere.

10. MrBern

MrBern I'll Lock Up

11. Tomasso

Tomasso Incurably Addicted

The Spinning Studio :rolleyes: in my Chicago health club employs the use of several high speed fans which effectively simulates outdoor cycling.

12. Matt Deckard

Matt Deckard Man of Action

[​IMG]

13. MrBern

MrBern I'll Lock Up

[​IMG]

14. armod

armod Familiar Face

15. miss_elise

miss_elise Practically Family

i have intentions to make my own chain guard...apparently plastic ones are available but only fit certain models...

or you could purchase a hideously expensive (at least from down under they are expensive - up there they could be cheaper) bicycle that comes with them pre-attached...

also known as grandma bikes in the Netherlands... (hence why i am still angry at the nazis for "requisitioning" my grandparent's bicycles...they would have been so cool nowadays)

16. Creeping Past

Creeping Past One Too Many

Here in the British Isles the bicycle clip, a nicely utilitarian accessory, is the primary way of preventing trousers from flapping and becoming oily while cycling. Young people shun them as old-fashioned, preferring to tuck trousers into socks. I've even seen people use elastic bands.

Breeks, or knickers as you call them across the pond (here that's the word we use for ladies underwear, mostly), would be the most stylish way to proceed, but bicycle clips allow the long trousers wearer to cycle in comfort and cleanliness.

17. H.Johnson

H.Johnson One Too Many

My cycling friend Pat has the best solution - a 1890s Columbia totally enclosed shaft drive bicycle. It also has a partly covered rear wheel. Oh, and...footpegs on the front forks, to keep your feet off the pedals when descending hills (a fixed wheel, of course). It's easy to forget to do that and the rap on your ankles is murder!!!

18. H.Johnson

H.Johnson One Too Many

Affirmative - I wear 1930s British Army officer's leather leggings with breeches for cycling.

19. avedwards

avedwards Call Me a Cab

Cycling on a daily basis I use trouser clips. They work fine and stop my trousers touching the chain. Even if you have a chair guard, you trouser can still catch and tear on the guard, even if they don't get oily. So trouser clips are the only fool proof solution for cycling in smart trousers I know of. They're small and cheap so they're not much bother either.