Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Biggest Loser Club:Vintage

plumdearly

New in Town
I'm doing well considering my previous intake per day. I've more than doubled it. I'm not up to my recommended 100 oz yet - I hover between 40-60oz per day.

I'm having a hard time food-wise this week, though. I'm traveling which always throws me for a loop. I've tried not to rely on convenience foods but it doesn't always work out that way. I don't travel much, so I know after I get home this weekend I will be better.

maggiethespy

A-List Customer
Time to inch in!

Remember, Ladies we aren't weighing ourselves for another 3 weeks-- lets see those inches fall off before we start worrying about the pounds!

Starting Weight: 170.5
Current Weight: ?
This weeks loss (+/-): ?
Total loss(+/-): ?
Starting waist/hip/upperarm: 31/41/12
Current waist/hip/upperarm: 30.5/40/11.5
Inches Lost: 2

I was a little lax in my water drinking-- we got iced in, and it was so cold that I had no desire to drink water :( I didn't even reach my recommended, and I totally feel dehydrated. I'll be keeping an eye on my water intake this week, too.

Total 8 oz glasses of water for week: 44

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
Congrats on your shrinking Maggie!:eusa_clap

OK....I drank ten glasses of water every day (about 10-12 oz each) so.....70-sh glasses? Not too shabby. Now i am off to measure.....

Starting Weight: 153
Current Weight: 154.4
This weeks loss (+/-): 0
Total loss(+/-): 0
Starting waist/hip/upperarm: 31/40/13
Current waist/hip/upperarm: 30/39/12.5
Inches Lost: 2.5

HOLY COW!!! Oh my gosh. I was not expecting that.
I went ahead and weighed myself just to show that even though I am shrinking, I am not losing pounds.
This is normal.
That's why I have to measure to stay motivated! And boy, am I ever...
2.5 inches??? That is rad.

You go girls!!!! ;)

P.S. I also took a thigh measurement last week (23.5) and this week it was 22.75.

P.P.S. Just editing to keep it from being cluttered.....just wanted to add that this was/is my plan.

1 hour of Callanetics 3x a week
hot yoga 2-3x a week (75-90 minute classes)
walk the doggie for 20-30 minutes every day
low-fat, whole foods and grains, at least 1600-1800 calories a day, sometimes more

texasgirl

One Too Many
measurements the same

Starting Weight: 161
Current Weight: 160
This weeks loss (+/-): 1
Total loss(+/-): 1
Starting waist/hip/upperarm: 31.5/42/14.5
Current waist/hip/upperarm: 31.5/42/14.5
Inches Lost: 0

Water- 43 8oz glasses

plumdearly

New in Town
Starting Weight: 248
Starting waist/hip/upperarm: 45.5/55/16.5
Current waist/hip/upperarm: 43.75/54.5/16.25
Inches Lost: -2.5

I am surprised! :eek: This week was really hard for me, especially food-wise. I was not expecting to lose any inches whatsoever, so I am just completely amazed.

I hovered right around 40oz of water each day, so 35 glasses for me. The water challenge was hard. I am certainly not used to drinking that much water, but it made a huge difference. I feel so much better just being more hydrated.

I love seeing all of these positive results, ladies. You're all doing great! :eusa_clap

sixsexsix

Practically Family
Starting Weight: 140
This weeks loss (+/-): 0
Total loss(+/-): 0
Starting waist/hip/upperarm: 31.5/41.5/11.5
Current waist/hip/upperarm: 30/41.5/11
Inches Lost: 1.5

I think I drank about 40 glasses of water...I got sick of having to pee all the time after the first couple days

KittyVonKirsche

Familiar Face
Congratulations everyone! What a great start to the comp! Well done! :D Starting Weight: 286.6
Starting waist/hip/upperarm: 45/55/17
Current waist/hip/upperarm: 44/54/16.5
Inches Lost: 2.5
Wow!!! Ive never measured inches lost b4. Always weight. I weighed myself n Ive lost a little but if I was going on just weight loss then Id be a bit disheartened. This is great! :D

Its been incredibly hot here the last few days (96f yesterday 100f today) n Ive made up for my earlier difficulty with the challenge. This week Ive drunk 46 8oz glasses (ive drunk more but havent counted all the ones ive stood at the sink skulling one after the other. soooooo hot :( ). less than RDI when you average it out but not bad.

maggiethespy

A-List Customer
Congrats to everyone so far! I'm so proud of you all! I'll have the next challenge up sometimes after noon tomorrow, so everyone has time to chime in with their successes.

And Ladies, if you gained or maintained just remember that next week, you'll blow everyone out of the water!

Oh! I almost forgot! I started a new interval training thing that is similar to the Couch to 5K challenge. The program is avalible as a free podcast on iTunes-- PODRUNNER:INTERVALS

So far, I love it, and it boasts taking participants from a couch to a 5K within 9 weeks, as long as they do the program at least 3 times a week. I thought I'd tell you all about it, in case you were interested in that sort of thing ;) A friend of mine is continuing with the program-- it's a 27 week course that takes you all the way from the Couch to 5K to 8K to 10K. She's almost through, and we're all impressed with her accomplishments!

Tigerlily

One of the Regulars
Starting Weight: 240
Starting waist/hip/upperarm: 42/50.5/16
Current waist/hip/upperarm: 40.5/50/16
Inches Lost: 2
Total 8 oz glasses of water for week: 50

I didn't drink my recommended amount. But having to pee a lot and feeling bloated sometimes was totally worth it! lol Next week I'm going to try for 15 glasses a day.

Well done ladies!

laurakitty

Familiar Face
Starting Weight: 140
Current Weight: 139
This weeks loss (+/-): -1
Total loss(+/-): -1
Starting waist/hip/upperarm: 26/39.5/11
Current waist/hip/upperarm: 26/39.5/11

Water: 60 8 oz. glasses

imported_miss_molly

Familiar Face
Starting Weight: 148
Starting waist/hip/upperarm: 30.5/39/13
Current waist/hip/upperarm: 30/38/12.5
Inches Lost: -2

Water: I think about 40 glasses... oh dear, I have always had trouble drinking enough! I shall have to try harder this week.

Miss Caroline

Familiar Face
Starting Weight: 192
Starting waist/hip/upperarm: 35/42.5/13.5
Current waist/hip/upperarm: 34/41/13.25
Inches Lost: 2.75 inches.

Water drank: 42 glasses

WOWZERS!

Although, likeothers, I could resist the tempation to weigh myself and I haven't lost :( but managed to loose nearly 3 inches in total.
I am also measuring other bits too...
I've lost 2 inches round my tummy, and an inch round each leg.

crazy. Maybe i'm just full of water...:eusa_clap

EDIT: because I realised I put my wrong weight in!

Sweet Ara D.

New in Town
ummm - a little shocked here...

Starting Weight: 209
Starting waist/hip/upperarm: 42/44.5/15
Current waist/hip/upperarm: 38/43/14.5
Inches Lost: 6?????

Total glasses of water: 24 (guess I need to step it up on this one:( )

uh yeah - i checked that waist measurement 3 times.... maybe I was bloated the day I first measured???? I didn't think so. I have cut calories significantly but wow - i dunno if that's right. Just kind of amazed (and confused) over here.... could that be right?

Miss Caroline

Familiar Face
Sweet Ara D. said:
Starting Weight: 209
Starting waist/hip/upperarm: 42/44.5/15
Current waist/hip/upperarm: 38/43/14.5
Inches Lost: 6?????

Total glasses of water: 24 (guess I need to step it up on this one:( )

uh yeah - i checked that waist measurement 3 times.... maybe I was bloated the day I first measured???? I didn't think so. I have cut calories significantly but wow - i dunno if that's right. Just kind of amazed (and confused) over here.... could that be right?

Thats amazing! Well done!!

Coralee

New in Town
WOW !!!

I'm amazed by how well everyone is doing and a little embarrased by my own effort. I'm not going to list how much water I've drunk the past week....but let's just say I didn't even hit double digits!

At least this challenge has made me more aware of what I am drinking during the week. I'll try better this week.

Starting Weight: 253
Starting waist/hip/upperarm: 46.5 / 48 / 14.5
Current waist/hip/upperarm: 46.5 / 48 / 14.5

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
Yep...drinking water is good for your skin, helps to flush fat and toxins, promotes a feeling of wellness, prevents kidney stones and bladder issues....there is a host of positive goodness.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy