Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Biggest Loser Club:Vintage

Sweet Ara D.

New in Town
Wow - she was very close to where I am now and her results are where I want to go!!! Thanks for sharing the link, texasgirl - it was very inspirational to me right now!

maggiethespy

A-List Customer
Hey, guys! I'll be getting the results and some information up for whats left of this week soon. I had some crazy mad school stuff, but I'll get the info up tonight!

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
GREAT blog entry. She is an inspiration.:eusa_clap

A mantra that really helps me too is:

"All the motivation you will ever need is found in the PROCESS OF DOING. "

Any time I get off the sofa and start walking around the block, I feel a molecular shift that carries me through the day.

Good luck to everybody this week!
I wonder what's in store............:rolleyes:

maggiethespy

A-List Customer
First, sorry for the delay-- I restarted my computer shortly after posting the message last night and was faced with a UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME message that ended with me spending an hour last night and 2 hours this morning repairing the OS on my laptop. YAY! Good news, everything is back to normal and I haven't lost any data.

Second, I'm sorry for being so late with this-- I took a trip to the state capitol for Students for Law and Politics this week, and came back to a mountain of classwork. I'm back to normal now, though :D

Third, Because I was so late with results, I'm going to start the new challenge this week, but we won't post results until a week from this coming Monday, instead this Monday, so in 11 days, not 4.

LETS GET TO THE RESULTS!
Name Total Inches Inches Lost Percent Lost
Sweet Ara D 101.5 6 6%
Miss Caroline 91.5 2.75 3%
MissAmelina 83 2.5 3%
Miss Molly 82.5 2 2.4%
Maggiethespy 84 2 2.4%
KittyVonKirsche 117 2.5 2%
Plumdearly 117 2.5 2%
Tigerlily 108.5 2 1.84%
Sixsexsix 84.5 1.5 1.7%
Laurakitty 76.5 0 0%
Texasgirl 88 0 0%
Coralee 109 0 0%

Sweet Ara D, Miss Caroline, and MissAmelina all win 1 inch passes for next week, which means you get to add 1 extra inch of loss to the weigh-in on Monday!

MissAmelina also won the water challenge, so she gets a Weigh-In pass to use to skip her weigh-in during the week of her choice!

Congratulations to all! Just remember, if you didn't lose this week, you will next week!

The next challenge is most fitness minutes for the week! Remember not to overdo it-- we're trying to be healthy, not just lose weight and win!
We'll post results from the challenge on February 16th, not with the weigh-in on the 9th.

WAY TO GO, Ladies!

Sweet Ara D.

New in Town
When do we start counting our minutes for this Challenge - the beginning of this week (monday the 2nd) - or from today when you posted the new challenge (Thursday the 5th)?

KittyVonKirsche

Familiar Face
What constitutes fitness minutes? Im not with a gym n find it hard getting out with a baby. I do however do BUCKET LOADS of housework and gardening, n believe me... hoovering a deeppile with the least sucky hoover ever is DEFINATELY exercise lol Those minutes counted with my dietitian n my doc but do they count here? Please say they count here lol

Miss Caroline

Familiar Face
i do a 1.5 mile walk every day.
I've started wearing a pedometre.
oh. I suck.

Kitty - Hoovering TOTALLY counts! Housework burns alot of calories ( i can't remember how much) but its definately exercise.

maggiethespy

A-List Customer
Sweet Ara D. said:
When do we start counting our minutes for this Challenge - the beginning of this week (monday the 2nd) - or from today when you posted the new challenge (Thursday the 5th)?

Today, Thursday the 5th

Miss Caroline said:
this is going to be a toughie. I'm not going to do very well at this challenge at all.

I don't want to hear that defeatist attitude, missy! :D We all need to exercise more, and I hate it too. Hopefully, we'll learn to love it ;)

KittyVonKirsche said:
What constitutes fitness minutes? Im not with a gym n find it hard getting out with a baby. I do however do BUCKET LOADS of housework and gardening, n believe me... hoovering a deeppile with the least sucky hoover ever is DEFINATELY exercise Those minutes counted with my dietitian n my doc but do they count here? Please say they count here

As long as you feel you are working hard when you do them, count them! When I waited tables, if I had a busy night, I counted that night's work as time. I think, as long as you feel like you've had a good workout when you're finished, it counts.

Miss Caroline said:
i do a 1.5 mile walk every day.
I've started wearing a pedometre.
oh. I suck.

There you go with that attitude again! You don't suck, you rock my face off! You lost 2.75inches last week! imagine what you can do with a little extra exercise! And 1.5 miles a day is totally awesome!

laurakitty

Familiar Face
Starting Weight: 140
Current Weight: 137.5
This weeks loss (+/-): -1.5
Total loss(+/-): -2.5
Starting waist/hip/upperarm: 26/39.5/11
Current waist/hip/upperarm: 25.5/39/11
Inches Lost: 1

Water: 118 8 oz. glasses

I doubled my water intake this week and it seemed to really help me! Yay! Only 12.5 lbs more till I hit goal!

KittyVonKirsche

Familiar Face
Starting Weight: 286.6
Current Weight: 283.4
This weeks loss (+/-):0.4
Total loss(+/-): 3.2
Starting waist/hip/upperarm: 45/55/17
Current waist/hip/upperarm: 43/53/16
Inches Lost (this week): 2.5
Inches Lost (total): 5

Not too bad. Had a bad week this week. Well was doing fantastic till saturday night when we had friends over...then sunday when we had a fridge full of left overs :eek:
Doing really well with the challenge. Im suprised at how much I move in a day.
Oh, when do we post our challenge results?

Miss Caroline

Familiar Face
Starting Weight: 192
Current Weight: 186
This weeks loss (+/-):didn't weigh last week
Total loss(+/-): 6
Starting waist/hip/upperarm: 35/42.5/13.5
Current waist/hip/upperarm: 33/40.5/13.25
Inches Lost (this week): 1.5
Inches Lost (total): 4.25 (+1 for last week winningy thingy) = 5.25

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
My weight has been creeping up since Christmas when I stopped doing most of my exercise and haven't really started again since! So I am joining you all, I aim to lose 7lb by the end of Feb!

Sweet Ara D.

New in Town
Starting Weight: 209
Current Weight: 206 [huh]
This weeks loss (+/-): 3
Total loss(+/-): 3
Starting waist/hip/upperarm: 42/44.5/15
Last week waist/hip/upperarm: 38/43/14.5
Current waist/hip/upperarm: 36.5/43/14.5
This weeks loss: 1.5 (+1 bonus) = 2.5 in.
Total Inches Lost: 8.5 in.

Well the measurements are certainly showing me where my weight comes off first - in my waist area. I never knew that before... (sorry I added in a few lines because I was confused on if the totals were just for this week or over all - let me know if I need to edit and take them out.)

exercising is going ok... luckily I am married to a former marathon runner and he is very encouraging and getting back in shape with me. He's very good at making me push myself!

texasgirl

One Too Many
Starting Weight: 161
Current Weight: 160
This weeks loss (+/-): 0
Total loss(+/-): 1
Starting waist/hip/upperarm: 31.5/42/14.5
Current waist/hip/upperarm: 31/41/14
Inches Lost this week: 2

plumdearly

New in Town
Starting Weight: 248
Current Weight: ?
This weeks loss (+/-): ?
Total loss(+/-): ?
Starting waist/hip/upperarm: 45.5/55/16.5
Current waist/hip/upperarm: 43.75/54.5/16.25
Inches Lost (this week): 0
Inches Lost (total): -2.5

maggiethespy

A-List Customer
Sorry to be such a delinquent leader, ladies, but I've been up to my eyeballs in schoolwork!

Starting Weight: 170.5
Starting waist/hip/upperarm: 30.5/40/11.5
Current waist/hip/upperarm: 31/40/11
Inches Lost: 0

Tigerlily

One of the Regulars
Starting Weight: 240
Starting waist/hip/upperarm: 42/50.5/16
Current waist/hip/upperarm: 40/49.5/15
Inches Lost this week: 1.5
Total inches: 3.5

Hopefully this weeks challenge will help me lose a little more!

imported_miss_molly

Familiar Face
Starting Weight: 148
Starting waist/hip/upperarm: 30/38/12.5
Current waist/hip/upperarm: 30.5/38/12.5
Inches Lost: +0.5

oh dear, maybe that indian takeaway wasn't such a good idea.....:(

Forum statistics

Threads