Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bill Kelso dark seal Liberty horse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
That's a lovely jacket...do you have any pictures of the dark seal Liberty as a complete jacket? That was actually what this thread was initially about!

walterwhyte

New in Town
So here is a barely worn Hercules jacket dating back to the late 40's

The leather is light and supple, with not much noticeable grain

It shows edge wear, and has an even colour all over apart from where worn. Very close to the Liberty samples.

Wow ....... That jacket is fantastic !! Amazing condition , almost NOS .

zhz

Practically Family
I agree. A homogeneous community is undesirable. I enjoy the interesting and sometimes divergent contributions from certain members, both present and exiled. That said, respectful discourse is of paramount importance.

I wish Andy did not voluntarily exile himself. He is an incredibly knowledgeable guy and I wish he was still here sharing his immense knowledge with us (in a respectful manner), as opposed to speaking to TFL through his FB page.

Here's a message from Roscoe/Schitzo, he asked me to pass this here: Message from fb. "Roscoe The-human wishes to issue an unreserved and public apology to Superfluous for his offensive facebook remarks. This is that. I'm very sorry."

Plumbline

One Too Many
That's a lovely jacket...do you have any pictures of the dark seal Liberty as a complete jacket? That was actually what this thread was initially about!

lots of pics of a couple of liberty A-2's on the FB page and website Bunyip ...

10996524_963862600310698_6208517999155642419_n.jpg 11054380_963863013643990_6929483302318786630_n.jpg 11066620_963863116977313_4551041992836308747_n.jpg 11072012_963862866977338_8304367396873041763_n.jpg 11074446_963863016977323_1053552040280797540_n.jpg 11074448_963862496977375_226740706616027319_n.jpg 11080925_963862880310670_7535935612640088943_n.jpg

... I GET that you don't like my posts ( or perhaps me HD ) that's fine.

What's your view on the BK hides ?

It's just your continuing much repeated disgust with anyone who would dare favor one jacket maker over another..as if we need a sticky listing everyone's name followed by their once 'so called' hidden allegiance to a jacket maker revealed and branded as on a wall of shame. That all jacket companies are the same so they shouldn't be criticized or favored. You just cannot let any of this go. It's the same ole same ole that's become your constant theme.
As far as BK hides...not my favorites...so I wouldn't lay good money down for one. I won't reveal who's leather hide I would choose until it becomes mandatory that all of us must come out of the shadows and expose ourselves for your further persecution...
HD

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thats a gorgeous Hercules jacket Chamboid!

Of note, your original Hercules jacket is completely different than BK's repro Hercules, which punctuates the prior discussion that there are several different Hercules models, and no one repro is absolutely correct to the exclusion of all other repros.

Plumbline

One Too Many
No need for expose HD .. your allegiances are well known and that's OK :D .... no persecution or mandatory disclosure just honesty.

I really like the Dark Seal Liberty ... and it suits the A-2 REALLY well ... with a little bit of wear I think it would be amazing and it doesn't look like vinyl at all to me [huh].

That Hercules is in stunning condition ( a few more of those on ebay would be welcome ) but I'm not a fan of contrast stitching ( I know many are .. but it's just not my thing. Nor is two tone leather) love the button detail on the cuff and the conrtrast buttons though ... and the coarse weave lining ... very cool :D

No need for expose HD .. your allegiances are well known and that's OK :D .... no persecution or mandatory disclosure just honesty.

Why sure it's OK. I think most members threads and posts here are honest and it's most often quite easy to discern the jacket makers they prefer. No one questions that...and fires others up about it..except you.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab

Saw them, just unsure which is dark seal as opposed to seal. The samples I got were pretty small and glued to a cardboard sheet like paint chips. I'm just trying to see a few examples of each, as the seal is out of stock for a spell, and they only have dark seal. I just don't want a nearly black seal. Cheers mate.

chamboid

One of the Regulars

Seal Liberty
Russet Liberty
Dark Seal Libery
Russet Badalassi.

This is pretty accurate. The dark seal is very dark, but not black.

Last edited:

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Chamboid , Probably too dark for me think...what kind of up charge is typical for Badalassi or victory?

chamboid

One of the Regulars
You'd have to ask BK about that, I know the Victory come in more expensive I dont knownby how much. The Badalassi isn't really stocked anymore. But I'm sure he'd brink it back if there were a demand. It's a really good leather. Nice weight and character.

Edward

Bartender
Give me Liberty or give me......... Err , a jacket.

No, no, with BK you can have both, see.... Liberty As Jacket!

When they first started up the website with the business being focussed on the A2, it made a lot of sense. I assumed they'd looked at the competitions' websites and figured out what branding would work for them. Presumably, as they appear to be moving away from emphasising their military repros and into producing more civilian models (at least based on what I see here from their customer base and folks in touch with what they're doing; when last I checked there was very little change ot the website, so I'm assuming it's not a big part of their marketing strategy these days), they'll eventualy start giving their leathers some less militaristic names. It's a schtick I can see working for military jackets, though it doesn't work quite so well for civilian designs imo.

You are personally blowing up the Bill Kelso Facebook page... I'm going to stop posting Andy's responses because they are becoming too voluminous. He does, however, touch on both sleeve width and Liberty Horse, so enjoy your reading.

Andy wouldn't be the first person to decide he's had enough of the way things go on round here, only to spend a lot of time elsewhere online talking about TFL. I think he's probably the first of whom I've been aware, though, who appears to be conducting a dialogue with this place by (presumably) reading the threads and then commenting on them on FB, knowing it'll get back here. It has a touch of the surreal which amuses me.

Superfluous

The following exchange is currently on BK's FB page:

"Roscoe The-human: What better way is there to round up a bunch of faggots and sell them your product?"

Bill Kelso Mfg: It wouldn't work because our customers aren't faggots."

Now, BK is not only permitting Schitzo's offensive posts, but also incorporating the offensive language into its own posts.

So, it appears that BK does not sell its products to homosexuals (and publicly refers to homosexuals as "faggots"). Does BK discriminate against any other groups?

Last edited:
The following exchange is currently on BK's FB page:

"Roscoe The-human: What better way is there to round up a bunch of faggots and sell them your product?"

Bill Kelso Mfg: It wouldn't work because our customers aren't faggots."

Now, BK is not only permitting Schitzo's offensive posts, but also incorporating the offensive language into its own posts.

They have absolutely no clue...thus fail to realize that they too should rid themselves of schitzo's rude and crudeness. Doesn't look good at all...

Superfluous

Chamboid, how does the owner of American Classics feel about BK's public statements referring to homosexuals as "faggots"? Does that impact American Classics' decision to sell BK jackets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn