Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bill kelso Waldo pepper & A1 pics

Mark

Practically Family
When we worked up my BK A-1 together, Platon and Andy (of Bill Kelso) were an extremely easy team with which to work. They were prompt with replies to e-mails, responsive to requests for changes to pattern/configuration and the workmanship on the resulting jacket was really top notch.
As Mark has already said, the Victory capeskin is a great hide to wear.
Hope you get plenty of cooler weather in Reading, Mark!

Thanks Dr H, yes Andy was great to work with and very accommodating particularly so with my Waldo pepper, always willing to meet my requests when he could.
Regarding the Capeskin; I am finding that it is despite the lightness/thinness of the hide a deceptively warm jacket. I may have to wait until Autumn to get any real wear time out of it. All is not lost though as I find the WP's Liberty HH quite cool to wear.

A-1

One Too Many
Wow, two wonderful jackets!
Mark, weren’t you the one having problems uploading the pics here?! Those are great!!!
Can’t say which jacket I prefer.

My jacket is at BK’s in Greece for a repair job. They missed a stitching in the armpit and the leather pieces were falling apart. I’ve sent it back and now it’s been almost a month. And soon it will be too warm to wear the jacket here.

Hope you have better luck with your jackets! They’re both beautiful and fit you perfectly!

Dav

One Too Many
A couple of crackers you've got there, Mark. As above, don't know which one I like better, was going to say the Waldo but in reality I'd be very happy with both, enjoy!
I'll have to get the crystal ball out, as I'm sure there's something russet in my future, the next time BK have a sale that is. ;)

Mark

Practically Family
Sorry to hear about your jacket A-1. Sure BK will see you good. What have you got? Only slight issue I have is with the WP some of the button thread has come loose.
Hope you get yours back soon and thanks for the kind comments.

Mark

Practically Family
Thanks Dave. BK do seem to have a sale on quite often, fingers crossed you get something. I love both jackets but if I had to choose the WP Liberty HH is just amazing and I imagine will get better with time and wear where-as maybe the Capeskin will not?
Cheers

Mark

Practically Family
Yes A-1 have been trying for about 5 years to post pics!! Thanks to Dr H and a bit of luck I got there in the end.
Wow, two wonderful jackets!
Mark, weren’t you the one having problems uploading the pics here?! Those are great!!!
Can’t say which jacket I prefer.

My jacket is at BK’s in Greece for a repair job. They missed a stitching in the armpit and the leather pieces were falling apart. I’ve sent it back and now it’s been almost a month. And soon it will be too warm to wear the jacket here.

Hope you have better luck with your jackets! They’re both beautiful and fit you perfectly!

w126c

New in Town
Love the Waldo Mark, does make one rethink how they perceive that style. Might just add that to the list. I finally got my custom Star A-2 from BK. I'll post up some pictures soon.

Regards,
Brent

Mark

Practically Family
Thanks Brent. Look forward to seeing your Star A-2. I'm very much a novice when it comes to the finer points of leather jackets so forgive me if I say the WP looks like an A2 in my eyes, just with buttons! I was attracted to it just from BK's web page, thought it looked so cool.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
great looking jackets, both fit you well, your russet one look particularly cool on you.
I learn something new today "capeskin" I just googled that.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Not necessarily jackets I think I could pull off but they look great on you! which is the top one? the waldo or the A1?

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
The upper (russet) jacket with the fold down collar is the Waldo; the lower (darker) jacket with the knitted collar is the A-1.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Just a thought, but does anybody have any thoughts on what the likely impact of tonight's referendum outcome will be on BK? It's a serious situation, that's for sure.

Last edited:

pawineguy

One Too Many
Just a thought, but does anybody have any thoughts on what the likely impact of tonight's referendum outcome will be on BK? It's a serious situation, that's for sure.

It's an interesting and complex topic, and something that will have to be followed over the next few weeks and months. Credit from suppliers can dry up hurting cash flow (as businesses are forced to lay out cash up front), material costs can soar if they are forced out of the EU and the Drachma is undervalued, but on the other hand buyers might benefit from a favorable exchange rate. The other wild card is that most trade agreements are between the EU and the other party. If Greece exits the EU, there could be a period of limbo where there are no governing agreements in place to control imports and exports.

Frankly, it's an enormous mess.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I personally think it'll be hard for Greece to avoid leaving the Euro, though I think they'll be kept in the EU to avoid a situation where other countries have no real trade relationship with them. When the former happens, the Drachma will return but heavily devalued, making it expensive to import anything ie leather. The upside is that it becomes very cheap to buy from outside the country. I'm not sure how BK will square that circle.

pawineguy

One Too Many
I personally think it'll be hard for Greece to avoid leaving the Euro, though I think they'll be kept in the EU to avoid a situation where other countries have no real trade relationship with them. When the former happens, the Drachma will return but heavily devalued, making it expensive to import anything ie leather. The upside is that it becomes very cheap to buy from outside the country. I'm not sure how BK will square that circle.

Yes, and the challenge in the scenario of a severely devalued currency is that you have to purchase before you sell, and thus you need capital or credit or both. Either of these things may be very difficult to come by in the coming months, as interest rates in Greece are expected to soar. Theoretically Greece could stay within the EU without the Euro, but that would also entail exceptions being granted by the other member countries. There is a lot of pain ahead for the Greek people, regardless of the currency decision.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred