Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bill kelso Waldo pepper & A1 pics

Mark

Practically Family
Hi, here are some pics of my two BK jackets purchased this year. The Waldo Pepper is a standard 36" in BK's Russet liberty HH. I was not too keen on the original collar so I asked Andy if he could replace it with one more to my liking. Luckily for me he had an Aero Bronco collar hanging around so he copied that for me. I am very pleased with this, think it looks kind of cool. Fit is trim but not tight (still only t.shirt/shirt jacket really). The Liberty HH is quite beautiful, lots of graining/patina developing already and lovely shades of russet brown that appear almost a dull orange in places.
Other specifics; Tan liner, Honey buttons, Golden brown knits and light olive thread.

The A1 I have had only a couple of weeks. Again standard size 36" in Seal Brown Capeskin. Love this jacket, its very nice to wear being light with some give. The leather is beautifully soft, almost velvety with a consistent grain. I cannot see it developing/changing much like the HH but still good to have a bit of variety in ones wardrobe.
Other specifics; Lining I am not sure of! Buttons coconut, knits mid brown and thread brown.

Many thanks to Dr H who helped me with posting pics and a particularly big thanks to Andy and the team BK for a great service and awesome jackets.

Attachments

• DSCF8561.JPG
    DSCF8561.JPG
    794.5 KB · Views: 1,579
  • DSCF8564.JPG
    DSCF8564.JPG
    655.2 KB · Views: 2,755
  • DSCF8566.JPG
    DSCF8566.JPG
    357.2 KB · Views: 1,102
  • DSCF8569.JPG
    DSCF8569.JPG
    514.6 KB · Views: 1,663
  • DSCF8577.JPG
    DSCF8577.JPG
    351.1 KB · Views: 883
  • DSCF8578.JPG
    DSCF8578.JPG
    435.8 KB · Views: 835
  • DSCF8579.JPG
    DSCF8579.JPG
    323.9 KB · Views: 877
  • DSCF8580.JPG
    DSCF8580.JPG
    279.9 KB · Views: 853
  • DSCF8571.JPG
    DSCF8571.JPG
    469.3 KB · Views: 950
  • DSCF8575.JPG
    DSCF8575.JPG
    544.2 KB · Views: 1,517
  • DSCF8572.JPG
    DSCF8572.JPG
    646.5 KB · Views: 926
  • DSCF8576.JPG
    DSCF8576.JPG
    694.5 KB · Views: 861
  • DSCF8581 - Copy.JPG
    DSCF8581 - Copy.JPG
    383.3 KB · Views: 844
  • DSCF8582.JPG
    DSCF8582.JPG
    483.6 KB · Views: 867
  • DSCF8583.JPG
    DSCF8583.JPG
    477 KB · Views: 804
  • DSCF8584.JPG
    DSCF8584.JPG
    322.7 KB · Views: 816

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
Glad you persevered with the posting process, Mark - they both look superb and suit your body shape really well. Both A-1 and the derivatives certainly look best in the 36/38 range and they look more shirt-like.

That Victory capeskin is a really warm, comfortable and pliable hide to wear.

I wouldn't have considered a Waldo Pepper, but I'm coming around to that pattern.

Mark

Practically Family
Thank you guys. Only sorry I didn't take better pics (a shirt not a T for example) and equally a better write-up, I was getting stick for spending too long on the computer and my son was waiting for his crumpets!!

Thanks again.

pawineguy

One Too Many
I really like the Waldo Pepper. You wouldn't know that the collar was brought in from another design, it suits it very well. Congrats on two great jackets.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Both great looking jackets that fit you extremely well. No question that BK makes superb jackets!

Mark

Practically Family
Yes, thank you. It was coincidence Andy had a Bronco collar as that is also my fav A2. The original WP collar has a collar stand and I really am not keen on them.

Thanks again

chamboid

One of the Regulars
Great jackets, the Waldo is a nice jacket that's doesn't get the attention, I thought about getting one with button cuffs and waist band.

The BK cape skin is also unbeatable.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Mark, both jackets are absolutely spot on- congratulations!

The wait till the cooler months have just become all the more difficult :)

Mark

Practically Family
Thanks again guys for your kind words. Yes Breton its getting to be a bit too warm for leather down here in the South. Fingers crossed we'll have a c*** summer!!

Vespizzare

A-List Customer
I really liked the movie and the WP is probably my favorite jacket (check my avatar). But I didn't want to spend the moolah and when a LW A1 in my size was on ebay, I got it for a good price ($280ish). Making a virtue of necessity, I do like having the knit collar with buttons when I'm on my (motor)bike.

If I really cared that much about it, I could probably send it to Johnson Leather for a different collar.

Last edited:

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Two very nicely done jackets. The fit seems to be perfect. They do have a way of making jackets that works. Nice pictures too.

I've been looking for one of their A2s in my size 44. I've been close, but no cigar.

I like both, but that dark jacket just makes me look again.

Mark

Practically Family
Thanks again for your comments, glad you think the pics look ok too:eek:

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
When we worked up my BK A-1 together, Platon and Andy (of Bill Kelso) were an extremely easy team with which to work. They were prompt with replies to e-mails, responsive to requests for changes to pattern/configuration and the workmanship on the resulting jacket was really top notch.
As Mark has already said, the Victory capeskin is a great hide to wear.
Hope you get plenty of cooler weather in Reading, Mark!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner