Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Biltmore Homburg

Originally posted by Imahomer
I've always thought the size of ones melon depended on various factors Like... If you've got a good size bean and you are 5'4", people are going to notice that bad boy. If you've got the same size noggin and you are 6'3", you might fly under the radar.

Plus there are things like how you present yourself. I have a fellow at work with a good size head and likes to keep it shaved. His dome looks like a rather grand light bulb, which earned him the nickname of kilowatt.

Light bulb head? Kilowat? Hahahahhahah.
It does depend on the proportion to the rest of the body that is for sure. If you are shorter in stature a large head will make you look like Jimmy Neutron. :D
However, Dave's melon appears proportional. I bet no one even notices. People don't notice my melon either because of the same reason. Actually I was surprised that I took such a large hat. Must be related to IQ. LOL

Regards to all,

J

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Hey Canada Dave

Whats with the blacked out face? You wanted by the police?:eek: :eek:

IMHO you should consider a less tapered crown and a wider brim. I can't tell how it matches your FACE, but your shoulders seem to warrant (sorry to use that word) a bit wider brim.

I am rather short, but have the broad shoulders to pull off the look of a wider brim, which is my 2 1/2 standard, with the taller 30's crown.

In Art's shop, you can try on and see what "works" in color, brim, height.

Canadave

One Too Many
Originally posted by STHill
Hey, Dave, you in the Federal Witness Protection Program?

No, the Fedora Witness Protection Program!!! :D

Originally posted by Andykev
In Art's shop, you can try on and see what "works" in color, brim, height.

Yeah, but he's 3000 miles away!!! :( I should probably try a wider brim, but I feel I'm a stingy brimmed kinda guy.

Originally posted by jamespowers
However, Dave's melon appears proportional. I bet no one even notices.

You're right. I'm 6'1", btw.

Originally posted by Zohar
His melon isn't much bigger than mine. I'm a 7 5/8.

Wow! How do you walk around with a noggin' that big? ;)

Hey rayk, I appreciate all your Homburgian info. What would you call my hat?

Thanks guys,

David

You're right. I'm 6'1", btw.

You are only an inch taller than me and your head is over an inch wider?! Wow! You should wear a red hat so planes do not try to land on you. LOL LOL LOL
Seriously, I think you could easily pull off the wide brim look. You can also wear the stingy brim snapped downward at the front and up at the rear. I have one of these that I particularly like.

Regards to all,

J

rayk

Familiar Face
That's funny stuff, Sharpetoys LOL LOL LOL Can you imagine if all of these funny guys decide to take the trip to Ecuador? Decidedly unfunny attendees, such as I, will be at a distinct disadvantage. Oh well, at least I'll be well entertained.

Originally posted by rayk
That's funny stuff, Sharpetoys LOL LOL LOL Can you imagine if all of these funny guys decide to take the trip to Ecuador? Decidedly unfunny attendees, such as I, will be at a distinct disadvantage. Oh well, at least I'll be well entertained.

You won't be at a disadvantage. I am sure we cannot keep this up much longer. :D

Regards to all,

J

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran