Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Black horsehide pics please!

caffeinated

New in Town
I'd really like to see some well broken in black horsehide. I'm trying to decide between black and brown, and between horsehide and cow. There are a lot of threads with pics of beautiful brown horsehide around here, but I need to see some black coats to help me decide.

Really it comes down to how the coat is going to look in a couple of years. I want to know if the horsehide is worth the added expense.

Thanks!

Windward

Practically Family
Black Horsehide ...OK here it goes... its AERO Vintage Black Front Quarter Horsehide :) one of my favourite - guess it stays a lifetime with me.
almost new January 2007

MyFirstWindward46.jpg

after 4 years 2011 ...compared with brown FQHH... judge yourself!

Compared_FitClosed_BlackvsBrown-1.jpg

Last edited:

caffeinated

New in Town
Thanks guys! The jackets look great. I've been spending some time looking at my two motorcycle jackets after having learned more about leather. I realize now that one is made from a hide with a "corrected" grain, and the other is naked cowhide. I know the "look" I want in my jacket and I realize I'll never get that from the one with the corrected grain, it basically shows no wear after 7 years on the motorcycle in all kinds of weather. The naked cow jacket, from Fox Creek, is breaking in pretty well, but it's just not the cut or fit that I really want.

I love how brown FQHH looks after it starts to break in, but I black is the classic motorcycle color. So, I'm still looking...

captaincaveman1

A-List Customer
My Schott after a few years of use in all sorts of weather. First pic shows the garment after I had some work done to it by Arrow.

Untitledv.jpg

111.jpg

Untitledee.jpg

Untitled.jpg

And here's a pic of it brand new for comparison. Grain really starts to come out the more it breaks in.

003.jpg

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy