Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

'Black Legion' Bogart jacket-

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Hey Bob, here's a picture for you-
LangeDorothea-Ditched_Stalled_and_Stranded-1935.jpg

B
T

renor27

One of the Regulars
great jacket

What a great jacket so 1930's
If we could find more photos I might be able to have a pattern made of this jacket. With a pattern could get it first made in heavy canvas then maybe leather
David

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
The jacket's very form fitting and Bogey was pretty small- only around 5' 8".
The leather is very supple, not any heavy horse or steer- it could be cape leather. It looks like a smaller fitting jacket than Aero make. I think I have some hijacked eBay pics of similar '30s styles...
B
T

renor27

One of the Regulars
Black Legion

Am very interested in this jacket
Any body know where I can find the DVD of the film that the photo came from.
I have a friend, she says can make a pattern if I can get a few good shots from the film. From a pattern an other friend can make the jacket.
David

Vladimir Berkov

One Too Many
Hmm, I am only a half-inch taller than Bogart although probably a bit more broad-shouldered than he and I wear about a 38-39 regular. Perhaps he was around the 36 mark then.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
That jacket is kind of like a modern 'Cafe Racer' style or what was once called a 'cycle shirt' as opposed to jacket- a smaller, shorter, closer fitting style. The collar on the Bogart jacket is very small, typical of early to mid '30s jacket styles, whereas the 'Cafe Racer' jacket has only the collar stand.
This jacket is button fastening and I thought it might be cape leather but it could be deerskin with a finish on it- it's very lightweight and supple- if you could see it in the film, you'd see exactly what I mean. It looks great with the high trouser waistline. I'm looking for some pics of similar jackets...
B
T

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
I just saw a jacket in a vintage store when i was in Bridgehampton out on Long Island, NY that looks just like Bogart's! It was same style, and orangish in color, like DiCaprio's in Aviator. It looked good on me, the fit was perfect, but for $295? Those Hamptons prices... I settled on an old A-2 that'll last me a while. It has just enough room for me to grow into in the chest since I'm 15, but the shoulders and sleeves are just about right for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav