Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Black or brown, that is the Aero question

Sir Jacket

Practically Family
Fellows, I am close to ordering a slightly modified Aero halfbelt with mouton collar for winter - or at least I would be if I could decide upon whether I should get it in brown or black. A simple question, I know, but not so easy to answer. Indeed, it is incapacitating me. I lean slightly towards the black, but some days I lean back towards the brown.

Can anybody help me?

Sir J

too much coffee

Practically Family
Hello Sir J.

I would get it in the color your Stuart is NOT in. Sorry, I can't remember the color of your Stuart. Although that pic of you wearing it in the Pyrenees(sp?)
was memorable to all of us.

Best of luck in your decision................you know you can't go wrong!

Regards, coffee

Sir Jacket

Practically Family
Thanks for the suggestion, Trout.

Regarding the wait: really? Is it taking longer than the standard six to eight weeks?

Trouble is, I already have a cordovan Stuart. A man needs a black leather jacket, doesn't he?

Sir J

Dav

One Too Many
I went for brown the first time because as you said it builds great character and black the second time. As you already have a cordovan one, which I'm sure builds as much character as brown, perhaps black is the answer.

Chi-Town Co

Familiar Face
Sir J,

Yes the wait times are running long.. I was told about 12 weeks.. so anything ordered now can expect delivery next year.

I recently ordered my first Aero, a Highwayman. I struggled with getting a black or brown jacket too. Since all my other leather jackets are black my decision to go with a brown one was a bit easier. Of course all the photos of brown Aero's from the members on here and the great information on details such as lining choices, etc.. made the choice easy for me as well.

Peacoat

Bartender
The Aero brown is so significantly different from the cordovan that for me it would be an easy question to answer. I have a cordovan, and if I get another Aero, it will be in the brown. It is a beautiful shade of brown that builds excellent character as it ages.

Peacoat

Bartender
Sir Jacket said:
You make a very strong argument, Peacoat. The other question then becomes, what colour mouton with the brown? I would argue the rust is the most stylish.

Yes, a rust mouton would definitely be the business.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Be advised that I do not own an Aero jacket, but from looking at their range of colors, I would personally go with another shade of brown, but it wouldn't hurt if that brown contrasted somewhat to your other jacket's color.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy