Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Black Sheep Hat Works

CPT/VSG

Familiar Face
I have looked longingly at the Goldfinch many times on Bob's website; that hat just looks fantastic.

There are at least 4 other models of Bob's hats that I'll probably order. The Golfinch was a must have, though, for me, as I don't have anything similar to the pecan color.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
I wore my Black Sheep today, the prettiest hat I own:
DSCN5798-1.jpg

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Working on a new felt hat with Bob as well, but I had him tweak my Milan OR. I loved it when I got it, but felt that it could use a bit of stiffener because it was getting out of shape when I put it on a hat rack. So I sent it back up to Bob, and while he had it, I thought to myself that a little flair in the brim might be nice (similar to my Resistol OR clone). Bob worked his magic, and this came in the mail today:
2012-04-25170936.jpg

2012-04-25171010.jpg

I really love it, despite my apparent lack of enthusiasm captured in the first picture (and yes, I do need a haircut!).

CPT/VSG

Familiar Face
Nice hats Blackthorn and jlee562.

Decided today to email Bob and order a Savannah, too, since I've got an order in for a Goldfinch. He might as well block two hats rather than one, at least that's my theory.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Nice hats Blackthorn and jlee562.

Decided today to email Bob and order a Savannah, too, since I've got an order in for a Goldfinch. He might as well block two hats rather than one, at least that's my theory.
Good thinking, CPT. You won't be sorry.

panama red

New in Town
After speaking with Bob today, and, emailing him an inquiry earlier this week, I sent my down payment for a beaver Elip Creek today. I liked the moss, and, loden ribbon band and edge, but, requested a boxcar with a wind trolley rather than a bow.

These look like beautiful hats, it is my first beaver, and, first custom felt.

CPT/VSG

Familiar Face
JLee562--really like the milan.

Well, in my rush to order a second hat from Bob, I sent him a check but neglected to sign it. Bob, emailed me about this oversight, and, since I had to send him a new check anyway, decided to add a third hat, a Saboteur. What the heck...I was going to order that hat anyway. At some point this summer, I'll be awash in Black Sheep hats.

CPT/VSG

Familiar Face
Well, the flock continues to grow. Bob's such a pleasure to work with that I've also ordered an Alpine Mist with a 2 5/8" brim instead of 3" and a Keynote. That's 5 lids on the way. I've also got Bob working on a panama for my wife. Photos once I start receiving them.

navarre

Vendor
O.G., thanks for the heads up but I don't see any new models or colors. Which ones are you referring to?

I believe O.G. is refering to our Facebook page. It is a faster method to get photos up on a regular basis and a good portion of new customs end up there. Its worth a look if you get a chance. Keep an eye out on the website though, I am looking at having a few new things up in the coming week.

Bob

CPT/VSG

Familiar Face
I'm in the minority I suppose but I refuse to create a Facebook account. So I'll wait on the web site update. With 6 hats currently on order with Bob (including one for my wife) it's probably just as well that I haven't seen the new models.

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
I don't have a facebook account too :D but their facebook page is public so you can visualize it without a problem.

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
I believe O.G. is refering to our Facebook page. It is a faster method to get photos up on a regular basis and a good portion of new customs end up there. Its worth a look if you get a chance. Keep an eye out on the website though, I am looking at having a few new things up in the coming week.

Bob

Yep that is what I was referring to,,,, sorry I should have stated Facebook.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda