Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Black Sheep Hat Works

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Here is my latest from Bob at Black Sheep....

I wanted a subtle green felt for this one and as you all know Bob is the best at dyeing the felt and ribbons.. His hats are truly a one of a kind when he dyes them........

I have tried my best to capture the true color but it is difficult even in natural light...

This is the best I can do as I am not a professional photographer by any means...

1hs8s9.jpg

21dofm0.jpg

28wmetx.jpg

If want to break the bonds of Winchester felt may I suggest a Black Sheep to join your flock of fedora's.....

Bob's meticulous attention to detail and customer service is unbelievable...
Beautiful hat, Ordinary Guy! I love Black Sheep hats.

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
Gentlemen, Jlee, Ale, St Valentine,egghead, blackthorn, and CPT/VSG your kind words are appreciated...

I am sure Bob says Thank you also, for it was his work.......

Jlee and Egghead it was your first posts about this company that got me interested and I Thank You again for that.....

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Very nice, OG. Bob does make some super hats and, as you mention, his custom colours are a good way to escape the restrictions of the Winchester palette. I love the light grey felt he made for me and I have one more project on the go as well.

As well as the unique colour, I really like the slanted knot on your hat as well.

I hope you enjoy wearing it!

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Very nice, OG. Bob does make some super hats and, as you mention, his custom colours are a good way to escape the restrictions of the Winchester palette. I love the light grey felt he made for me and I have one more project on the go as well.

As well as the unique colour, I really like the slanted knot on your hat as well.

+1

Wonderful Hat, OG

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
The new hat from Bob at Black Sheep arrived today - my first Black Sheep hat.

The proportions are similar to the famous Casablanca hat and the ribbon treatment from my green Mallory - currently en-route over the Atlantic to Scotland.

The felt was custom dyed by Bob to get the nice light grey colour and the ribbon is his Dusty Peach. Everything is finished really nicely and the ostrich leather sweatband is a really cool touch.

D314253-L.jpg

D314256-L.jpg

D314259-L.jpg

D314262-L.jpg

Now my wife doesn't think the ribbon colour works for me and wants to change it to dark grey or black

D314263-L.jpg

I think it's cool but, as she points out, I have no sense of style whatsoever. What do you guys think?

I like the peach color ribbon, makes the hat have a somewhat elegant appearance of real vintage times. It is a really nice beauty!

navarre

Vendor
21dofm0.jpg

Thanks again for the kind words guys.

I do want to make sure I don't get too much credit for that ribbon though. This one was a special request by O.G. and it is modeled after a hat he already owns. If I am not mistaken, I believe the the original was put together by Art, so I believe Mr. Fawcett deserves the credit for the slanted ribbon.

Bob

DJH

I'll Lock Up
I like the peach color ribbon, makes the hat have a somewhat elegant appearance of real vintage times. It is a really nice beauty!

Thanks, LMH2. This really is a fantastic hat, but I'm still not 100% sure on the ribbon. Bob has kindly offered to swap it out for me, so well see...

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nice looking hat from black sheep . I think I am going to give a custom hat a try as his prices seem very good as does his quality of workmanship.
How long did it take once you ordered it until you took possession of it?

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Funny you should say that, Ale - just yesterday I saw that photo of you with your Whippet and it got me thinking that I don't have a light grey hat with a black ribbon. I've had a couple (a Borso and a Whippet) but ended up selling them, maybe it's time for another?

One thing is for sure, I'll be sticking with the same ribbon design - Bob has done a fantastic job.

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many

Thanks DJH and Chepstow..

And I love that dusty peach ribbon on your new one.......

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
Nice looking hat from black sheep . I think I am going to give a custom hat a try as his prices seem very good as does his quality of workmanship.
How long did it take once you ordered it until you took possession of it?

It depends on how hard it is to dye the felt the color you are interested in....

If you are buying stock color felt then the time is less but Bob would be the best person for that answer, it also depends on his backlog....

Great guy to talk to, give him a call for a time frame.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR