Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Black Sheep Hat Works

Lotsahats

One Too Many
Sorry, let me clarify--I'm picking up from the post office. Next time I visit my brother in Seattle, though, I'm going to visit Bob's shop!

A

Lotsahats

One Too Many
My new Black Sheep arrived today! It's a Safari color with a great paisley liner and ostrich sweatband. I opted for Bob's new edge treatment, too; it's a subtle stitching effect that ends up looking like the thinest edge binding you've ever seen.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I love this hat, and Bob is just an unbelievable guy to work with. He's friendly, accommodating, and creative, and it was such a pleasure to talk hats with him. Thanks, Bob!

A

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
Beautiful, Aaron! I really love the ribbon/bow work - and the classic "turned", asymetric brim binding. It sure is a stunner! Congrats :eusa_clap

I love paisley patterns, but they're way too busy for my taste in liners. My conservative mind is also working on the "pimpled" ostrich leather. I'm not quite there yet, but I'm getting closer. All just personal preferences, though ;)

Lotsahats

One Too Many
Understood, Ole. For me, I love the way the liner hides under the hat. It's a surprise, a special thing. And man, Bob's ribbon work is too cool!

A

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Very nice Aaron . Workmanship looks excellent and I like that binding a lot , adds a very subtle nuance to the brim. Is that color Sahara ?

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Specs:

5 3/4" crown on a 52 block for a size 6 7/8

2 3/8" brim

2 1/4" vintage ribbon

Early 20th century gold foil initials

Stingray hide crown liner

Draw string chord at the back of the sweat to hang the hat

Vintage stick pin

Vintage wind trolley with button (taken from an early boater)

Bob did a wonderful job on this hat. The devil is in the details

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21