Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Black Sheep Hat Works

Loz Dawes

Familiar Face
OK...Here's my latest outstanding stingy from Bob.. Rabbit blend, Velveteen finish.. brim 1 1/2'' overwelt, crown 4'' - 3 3/4'', black paisley liner, black sweatband, and invisible wind trolley... Whoa, Black Betty (Bam-ba-Lam)

Attachments

• Optimized-20161128_112435.jpg
    Optimized-20161128_112435.jpg
    558.9 KB · Views: 182

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Congrats Loz Dawes, a sharp pork-pie. I saw remnants of your handmade pug at Bob's last this past weekend, it's as kool as they come.

Love to see some detail shots of the hidden wind trolley, Bob explained the concept to me but haven't seen it

Bird Lives

A-List Customer
Alright....todays the day I pick
Yesterday I finally got to make the pilgramage out to Black Sheep's Hatwoks, and meet Bob "in person"...I've spoken to him on the phone for over a year, about my original fedora...A blue Borsalino about as old as I...

This hat finally got a hole on the pinch..kind of Depp-like... I never handle it by the pinch, but this lovely was my first fedora and the felt was so malleable and so much fun to shape....Well I over did my "bash" practicing...But hey....this hat was so alluring, I couldn't keep my hands off of it. And then I noticed the felt getting thin at the pinch. I also wore this sky-piece like every day, rain, sleet or snow....and well.....It died!

Your Honor....I plead 'insanity'.....I was just 'crazy' about handling this hat. I basically loved it to death...};^))

So yesterday, I dropped it off with Bob....I know it's asking TOO MUCH!!!
Theres the hole.....and then there is the shrinkage from non-stop wearing a 50/60 year old hat in inclement weather. So now theres way too much taper, where there didn't used to be any taper...And the reed on the sweatband was starting to cut into the brim from many years of snapping and unsnapping.....Hmmm
Will be back....[/QUOTE
Alright, today is the day I picked my refurbished Blue Borsalino from Bob Jesse...

He fixed the hole....It needed a new sweatband....The onion-skin completely disintegrated before, but he saved the original liner and ribbon and bow...He resized it back to it's original size..and the brim was tearing off in a place...need I go on? Suffices it to say it now looks new!

So they say 1 picture is worth a thousand words so I'll let the photos do the talking...

But I must thank Bob for his talent and expertise....and for giving my signature Borsa a new life....Thanks Bob!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

EstherWeis

Vendor
Now.
This is a person I would love to meet.
He could teach me a thing or two I'm sure!

I feel like what he does is the best that's out there.
Every hat is just right. Lots of different styles, looks, materials and they all look fantastic.
And the refubs and restorations. Magic.
I know first hand how hard those are.

KY Crusader

A-List Customer
I just got the fitter sweats yesterday so my spot in the queue should be about ready to go on the block. It's been a long wait & I'm getting anxious. If you read this Bob, I will be shipping the fitters back on Monday. Can't wait for further updates!
You lucky son of a gun! I got in line a couple months ago...just 6 or 7 more months to go. I sure it will be worth the wait.

KY Crusader

A-List Customer
Now.
This is a person I would love to meet.
He could teach me a thing or two I'm sure!

I feel like what he does is the best that's out there.
Every hat is just right. Lots of different styles, looks, materials and they all look fantastic.
And the refubs and restorations. Magic.
I know first hand how hard those are.
Esther:

Thanks for offering your opinion on Bob's work. I think very highly of your hats as well, and I'm gratified to see that your opinion confirms my own. ;)

Loz Dawes

Familiar Face
Congrats Loz Dawes, a sharp pork-pie. I saw remnants of your handmade pug at Bob's last this past weekend, it's as kool as they come.

Love to see some detail shots of the hidden wind trolley, Bob explained the concept to me but haven't seen it

It's basically tucked neatly away in the sweatband, as opposed to being wrapped around the hat.. simple, but effective ..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner