Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Black Sheep Hat Works

CPT/VSG

Familiar Face
I also have this Saboteur on the way. Actually, the Alpine Mist and Saboteur shipped together as Bob's clearing out my backlog with him. Still two more to be built.

ct2_zpse361fabf.jpg

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Got an email yesterday mine was ready so drove up this afternoon to pick it up. Bob told me he's been cranking out about one a day so where are the pixs fellas? I stepped outside my comfort zone this time and let Bob work up this long hair with pencil curl brim and a bit of attitude built in. I love the result. Thank you Bob!

The liner is mesmerizing and I could stare at it for hours........
IMG_0424_zpsc4fdc88e.jpg

Note the wind trolley button has a gill too!
IMG_0416_zpsddd0b85e.jpg

IMG_0417_zpsc9d7fed3.jpg

IMG_0418_zps1a7b4416.jpg

Here's that built in attitude:
IMG_0422_zpsd4b83426.jpg

Last edited:

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That hat is awesome!Where does he get long hair hat bodies like that? Does he dye them himself or is that a color he's able to buy? I'll have to get in touch with him once he's back.

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
That hat is awesome!Where does he get long hair hat bodies like that? Does he dye them himself or is that a color he's able to buy? I'll have to get in touch with him once he's back.

Thanks Sam, Steve, Manfred, and Johnny again.

Sam, Bob sources them from a milliner if I remember right, not Winchester. They are rabbit and come pre-dyed in black, brown, heather, and blue that I know of.

TomS

One Too Many
Thanks Sam, Steve, Manfred, and Johnny again.

Sam, Bob sources them from a milliner if I remember right, not Winchester. They are rabbit and come pre-dyed in black, brown, heather, and blue that I know of.

Interesting... didnt know there was anyone BUT Winchester!

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
There is Tom, notably Optimo who have exclusive felt and colors they source from Europe. They also have an exclusive source of true milan from China.

Winchester is the USA source of felt bodies. HatCo makes their own in Longview, TX. Felt bodies are also available to custom hatters from over seas.

A milliner is typically associated with a designer & maker of women's hats. From Webster's dictionary = a person who designs, makes, trims, or sells women's hats
Makers of men's hats is just called a Hatter...

TomS

One Too Many
Thanks for the education, Mike, Mayser, and Tom. As always, I learn something new everyday on the Lounge!!
Best,
Tom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy