Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Black Sheep Sweater just arrived

Don Tomaso

A-List Customer
I post this in the "Outerwear"-section, as you don't need a jacket with these sweaters ;). Seriously, I'm very pleased with what I got from Black Sheep Ltd. It took a while for delivery, a bit of a mess with a delivery from their supplier, but all this was forgotten once I had the sweater. It is a very densley knitted sweater called the "Sloppy Joe", with that distinctive smell of wet sheep that a quality garment like this oozes ;). These are not cheap, they come around 120 € including shipment, but I think they are worth it. Maybe some others would like to post their latest additions, pull-over-wise?
Anyway, here is a link to the webpage, I try to post pics the coming days: http://www.blacksheep.ltd.uk/sloppy joe sweater.html

Don please post pics. I want one badly, but do t want to mess with a goofy vendor.
Sloan gave me info ona. Good sweater place, but I have to find it. I snoozed on this and I'm regretting it.
Glad you're happy. Which color did you get?

Don Tomaso

A-List Customer
Butte, I got the colour as depicted in the link, undyed light wool. Very nice! Choices are limited, though... The vendor is all but goofy, the delay in delivery came through the fact that a supplier delivered sub-standard to Black Sheep and they refused to sell this to their customers. The quality of the garment I got is flawless. I'm a fan!
WDW, I just found the Sou'West Chunkies-site. I already had decided to get a second one from Black Sheep (dark colour), but now I need to think again. ;)

Dav

One Too Many
Nice sweater, Don Tomaso! I've got one of their jackets, which I highly recommend, wish they'd get some more of the cardigans in though, I quite fancy one of those.

pipvh

Practically Family
I've had one of their zip-fronted sweaters for more than 20 years. Absolutely fantastic thing - still smells faintly of sheep. It's developed a couple of holes but nothing serious (and this from heavy use) and I can see future generations enjoying it at this rate...

Don Tomaso

A-List Customer
Here's a pic of me wearing the thing, the rear-view is not from modesty but the front-views lacked contrast... :) Should give you an idea of the craftmanship anyway.
IMG_6216_2.jpg

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
I remember that review. It's a thread worth reviving. I had a sweater like the one I just posted some years ago - a nice rugged quality. But I have a huge collection of sweaters!

Happy - and woolly - New Year.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I have their hat, gloves and steptoes (fingerless gloves). Apart from the very (and i mean very) strong sheep smell coming from them when new i have nothing bad to say.
Well made items, good wool, good price.

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
I have one of their Shetland-style sweaters and wear it from time to time. I find it durable and rugged. I think I shall order the 'Smuggler': I like the look of it and it's a contrast to my other woollies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff