Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Blazers

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Yes, I'll have to remember to have some taken at graduation. :)
You do that, Edward and I will get my new blazer photographed in full length.
Burgundy blazer 005.JPG

GHT

I'll Lock Up
There's a full length view in the What Hat thread, but I'm sure that a second photo here for Edward's benefit won't go amiss
Burgundy blazer 002.JPG
" I do however have a very nice grey rayon-linen number from them that will be debuted at this year's July graduation ceremony."
I shall look forward to the graduation ceremony photos with anticipation.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
My burgundy blazer is a testament to the tailor who made it. What you don't see from the front is the 1930's style at the back of the jacket. Look at this:
half belt jacket - Copy.jpg
You can see the pleats clearly because it's one solid colour.
blazer 001.JPG
The pleats are there, but the only tell-tale sign is the pattern change, so many commented on it.
blazer 002.JPG
Tucking my fingers into the pleats allows you to see the tailor's skill.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Striped blazer & tie 001.JPG

It's hard to believe that eight weeks ago we were enjoying glorious sunshine. This blazer you have seen before, probably many times, apologies for that, old age and amnesia are bed fellows. It really is an extremely well made jacket, quite obviously made to measure. Tina came across it on a vendors stall at one of the festivals we like to attend.

The countless hours that I have spent trying to find a like for like fabric so that I can get a copy made. Reason is, it's a size too small. The vendor, keen to get a quick sale, let me have it rather cheaply after I had tried it on and reluctantly handed it back, the buttons strained when fastened. He cut the price dramatically and told me to wear it open. I couldn't resist.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
57 F and sunny today, but the inevitable, showers later. We used to call that Wimbledon weather, when the Wimbledon tennis tournament, with tennis fans the world over tuning in, would have an exciting match suspended as the rain covers came on. Tina & I have been to Wimbledon, it was a freebie from some company who were courting for business. Fabulous day too.
006.JPG

Tina loves this blazer, she encouraged me to buy it, promising to make the trousers to wear
with it. She did too, taking her cue for the colour from the blazer's stripes. My concern that it
may look like pyjamas soon went. She made my shirt too, I love it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner