Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Blazers

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Bumping this thread now the sun has come out. Samuel Windsor has been reincarnated but not the sort of choice that appeals to me.
shirts and blazer 013.JPG
Here's that Samuel Windsor blazer that you can see in the photo above, the reason for showing you is for the shirt that I am wearing. Has anyone bought from Chester Cordite? (How I love that name.)
Most of their stock is aimed at the younger generation, nothing wrong with that of course, but when the waistline no longer tapers in and the product is just what you're looking for, it can be rather frustrating.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Striped blazer.JPG

Today I met my new tailor, he is going to make me a new sports blazer,
it will be in various shades of bottle green and black with a subtle white
stripe, a small white stripe that is. Now I have to wait six weeks. But at
least, the green and cream brogues are on their way. Now all I need are
some Argyle socks.

Edward

Bartender
Bumping this thread now the sun has come out. Samuel Windsor has been reincarnated but not the sort of choice that appeals to me.
View attachment 411282
Here's that Samuel Windsor blazer that you can see in the photo above, the reason for showing you is for the shirt that I am wearing. Has anyone bought from Chester Cordite? (How I love that name.)
Most of their stock is aimed at the younger generation, nothing wrong with that of course, but when the waistline no longer tapers in and the product is just what you're looking for, it can be rather frustrating.

Cordite have some very nice looking bits; they've come a long way since I first saw them at Rhythm Riot about ten years ago. Can't tell how forgiving they aren't though - not tried them yet. I am looking currently also at Penahaus in Portugal. Heard good things but never had a chance to handle them. Their 50s cut suit looks very nice, and a fairly forgiving shape for those of us who don't have the chest to waist drop we once did - https://www.penahaus.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=173 Range of blazers in the same cut too. Only drawback I can see is they don't make it easy to see exactly which trousers to buy to have a spare pair with the jacket, but I'm sure that could be worked out. I rather fancy a lot of their shoes, too.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Brown blazer and baggies 002.JPG
The blazer that I am wearing garners many a compliment. My wife, Tina, came across it at a trader's stall at one of the festivals we attend. Which one is lost in the mists of time. The blazer won't fasten because of my belly, but I still wear it, leaving it unbuttoned.

The search for something similar has been an uphill task. I have even tried fabric suppliers, hoping that if I could find the cloth a tailor could do the rest. All to no avail, then I came across a theatrical costumiers who had something similar, but not quite.
striped-blazer2.jpg

Put it this way, I don't dislike it, but it doesn't sort of tick all the boxes. I gave the company a call, thanked them and said that it's the nearest that I have found. They, having seen a few photos of Tina & I that sent them, suggested another blazer that I might like.
Striped-Blazer.jpg
They are not wrong. Got to have that. Watch this space.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 430400
Today I met my new tailor, he is going to make me a new sports blazer,
it will be in various shades of bottle green and black with a subtle white
stripe, a small white stripe that is. Now I have to wait six weeks. But at
least, the green and cream brogues are on their way. Now all I need are
some Argyle socks.
Green Blazer 015.JPG

The new blazer has arrived, I am delighted with it. Look out for more photos.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
I love, love, LOVE all the bold summer boating blazers that have been posted above. Magnificent.
What a lovely compliment, how could I have missed it? Thank you Tom. Elsewhere I have posted the finished result. Finished? Well the blazer is finished but I wanted some trousers, and Tina has all but finished them. The colour that I chose is a silver/grey. Both my cream trousers and the white ones compliment the jacket but the grey is a bit special in that I have the perfect shoes. Here's the blazer:
Dandy 002.JPG
The white trousers are a good balance between the green and white spectators and the blazer,
with the green hat a finishing touch.
These trousers are exactly the colour and style of the ones that are all but finished, with the exceptions
of the pinstripe, mine are plain and mine have no adornments like waist belt and pocket flaps, not for me.
Green Blazer 001.JPG
The green and grey theme continue with these shoes:
shoes32.jpg
The hat that I will be wearing is actually silver, but my pathetic phone gives it a cream appearance.

fedora-hat.jpg
Now I just need a shirt, tie and Argyle socks.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
suit13.JPG

In my time here on The Lounge I have come across some talented people.
Former Lounger Esther Weis made the hat. Former Lounger
Simon Cathcart, is responsible for the shoes.
My talented lady, although not a Lounger in her own right,
reads the posts and often comments, through my account.
She may be a tad shy, but she is gifted with a needle and thread.
The shirt and trousers are straight off her sewing machine.
The blazer is one of Samuel Windsors. The neck tie, who knows?

GHT

I'll Lock Up
This looks superb. It's actually my primary school colours (in the tie; we didn't wear blazers then) - and those of the university at which I now work. Be interested to see it. This would look very nice indeed with some white flannels.
It lost out, there is another one in the pipeline, which I had intended to keep mum about, but Edward, as you are something of a connoisseur, you can have a sneak preview.

fabric blue stripe.jpg

This is the fabric, a little more subtle than the gold striped blazer.
However, don't be fooled, I do like to make a statement. This photo
came straight out my tailor's album.
Bateman Ogden Ltd blue striped blazer.jpg

Mine won't be single breasted, scroll up to #68 and see the green one.

Paisley FL70.jpg
The lining is a royal blue Paisley pattern.

Tina is already working out the fabric needed for the white trousers.
For a more formal appearance I shall wear a Chester Cordite faint
blue and white pinstripe shirt with white double cuffs and a white
spearpoint collar. For casual, I have any number of Aloha shirts that
my talented lady made. It will look well with both felt and straw hats,
and as for the shoes, Colin has done me proud.
NFMG Run & blue shoes 002.JPG

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
It lost out, there is another one in the pipeline, which I had intended to keep mum about, but Edward, as you are something of a connoisseur, you can have a sneak preview.

View attachment 488451
This is the fabric, a little more subtle than the gold striped blazer.
However, don't be fooled, I do like to make a statement. This photo
came straight out my tailor's album.
View attachment 488452

Mine won't be single breasted, scroll up to #68 and see the green one.

View attachment 488457
The lining is a royal blue Paisley pattern.

Tina is already working out the fabric needed for the white trousers.
For a more formal appearance I shall wear a Chester Cordite faint
blue and white pinstripe shirt with white double cuffs and a white
spearpoint collar. For casual, I have any number of Aloha shirts that
my talented lady made. It will look well with both felt and straw hats,
and as for the shoes, Colin has done me proud.
View attachment 488455

Very nice! Who is your jacket tailor? You might already have mentioned this, but if so I've missed it.

Colin's shoes are impressive indeed; being able to order such a range of colours is a real plus. I also have had very nice shoes in the co-respondant style from Rocket Originals in the past, but sadly in recent years their men's collection has become very sporadic and limited, almost as if they have no interest in replacing a line as it sells out which is a real pity.

Simon's latest run of Cathcart London (as they are now branded) shoes look great, though I wish they'd do more of the original thirties shape (I think the current ones are based on a 20s shoe) with the big, bulbous toe. I love mine - I have the dark brown and tan pairs, never managed to get the blue. I'm still holding out hope they'll do a Winter version of those (with a Dainite sole, and replacing the canvas sections with a grained leather).

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Very nice! Who is your jacket tailor? You might already have mentioned this, but if so I've missed it.
John Parrett, https://www.foxtailoring.co.uk/ The website says that he has a studio in Bournemouth. So modest, it's actually in Sandbanks, also known as, Mayfair-on-Sea. I haven't been to his Romford studio, even though I once lived just a few miles from there.
Colin's shoes are impressive indeed; being able to order such a range of colours is a real plus. I also have had very nice shoes in the co-respondant style from Rocket Originals in the past, but sadly in recent years their men's collection has become very sporadic and limited, almost as if they have no interest in replacing a line as it sells out which is a real pity.
Rocket Originals have become quite a disappointment of late.

Trying to make room for the new blazer, I looked to see what doesn't get worn so much.
suit22 - Copy.JPG
This was always a disappointment, it's my size but as you can see it looks too small. I earmarked it for replacement, but the lady loves it, more than that she pointed out that the buttons are not correctly positioned. She has since sewn up and hidden the original buttonholes, re-positioned the buttons and now it fits a treat. Am I ever going to have enough wardrobe space?

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Have you seen the blue version Edward? I toyed with single breasted and a belted back with pleats but I so like the green striped blazer I kept to the same style.
Blue Blazer 001.JPG

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Blue blazer 001.JPG

The blue blazer in all it's glory, there's a pair of baggies in the pipeline, Tina has the ivory fabric but at the moment there's another work in progress.

My burgundy blazer looks rather tired, after seeing this fabric I thought about retiring the old blazer and having a new burgundy made in this fabric.
fabric red stripe.jpg

Then I happened to come across one of Simon Cathcart's suits. Talk about wow factor. I need to sit down and have a serious think.
cathcart.jpg

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Yellow and blue blazers 004.JPG

How I have ever managed to keep this blazer stain free is nothing short
of amazing. You can almost guarantee that if there's a spillage within
my vicinity it will find me like a magnet. Have I tempted fate, or what?

Edward

Bartender
View attachment 499272
The blue blazer in all it's glory, there's a pair of baggies in the pipeline, Tina has the ivory fabric but at the moment there's another work in progress.

My burgundy blazer looks rather tired, after seeing this fabric I thought about retiring the old blazer and having a new burgundy made in this fabric.
View attachment 499276

Then I happened to come across one of Simon Cathcart's suits. Talk about wow factor. I need to sit down and have a serious think.
View attachment 499275

These Cathcart suits are very, very nice. At full price you won't have much change from a grand for tow pairs of trousers, waistcoat and jacket, but at that they are competitive with equivalents from other brands. Buying on pre-order, of course, you can get 25% off, which is significant. I'm tempted by the suits for this Autumn, but I don't think cashflow will allow ordering in the pre-order stage for me this year. I do however have a very nice grey rayon-linen number from them that will be debuted at this year's July graduation ceremony.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
These Cathcart suits are very, very nice. At full price you won't have much change from a grand for tow pairs of trousers, waistcoat and jacket, but at that they are competitive with equivalents from other brands. Buying on pre-order, of course, you can get 25% off, which is significant. I'm tempted by the suits for this Autumn, but I don't think cashflow will allow ordering in the pre-order stage for me this year. I do however have a very nice grey rayon-linen number from them that will be debuted at this year's July graduation ceremony.
" I do however have a very nice grey rayon-linen number." Will we see a photograph?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ