Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bletchley Park

Miss Tuppence

A-List Customer
Oh, I'm delighted at this news. I watched a program about Bletchley only last night, and was saddened to see the real state it was in.
I’m hoping to make the trip there this year, as I’ve wanted to go there for years!

Mr. Godfrey

Practically Family
That was part of the problem, as it was so unknown for so long and BT left it while they continued to work there. Sad part is that there were empty office buildings there that could have been used for modern bussiness and thus generate income. Apologies if they are no longer there, I last went 8 years ago.

Good to hear the news though and thanks for sharing.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Just think what kind of cyber-park it could be made into! All those little shabby little outbuildings could house places where kids could play video games AND learn something about history.

Warden

One Too Many
That was part of the problem, as it was so unknown for so long and BT left it while they continued to work there. Sad part is that there were empty office buildings there that could have been used for modern bussiness and thus generate income. Apologies if they are no longer there, I last went 8 years ago.

If you have not been for 8 years, a large part of the site was sold off and is now a housing estate, but a number of the huts have been restored, so fingers crossed they seem to be going in the right direction.

Harry

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy