Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Blue-Grey Dobbs Guild Edge 7 1/8

mattface

Practically Family
https://www.etsy.com/listing/150785800/dobbs-guild-edge-grey-fedora-7-18

This is a beautiful Dobbs Guild Edge in buttery soft blue-grey felt. The Guild Edge, also known as Cavanagh Edge was a high end edge treatment where the edge was thickened during the felting process creating a nice stiffened rounded brim edge without the seam of a welted edge. This one is in excellent condition. The ribbon is clean and not wrinkled, although it may look reddish in the pictures is is actually black. The headspring sweatband is nice, supple, and secure with no stitches coming out. The lining is in good condition with only minor staining.

Mr. Sharpman says: "It's the Dobbs Guild Edge! Forever young in heart."
il_570xN.457665965_itbg.jpg

il_570xN.457665961_3qto.jpg

il_570xN.457657746_go0b.jpg

il_570xN.457665989_e2cu.jpg

il_570xN.457665979_b3xi.jpg

Fit:
Sized 7 1/8, it measures 22 1/4" in circumference.
Crown 5 1/4"
Brim 2 1/4"

Last edited:

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Guys, I have the Saks Fifth Ave version on this hat, made by Dobbs. The block looks, and might be, almost identical. And my hat is buttery soft, as well. I highly recommend this hat to anyone that wants a wonderful good looking everyday hat!!

I'm surprised its still available, frankly. If it were 7 1/4 I'd get it for myself.

mattface

Practically Family
It really is a beautiful hat, and phebus, I'm sure you're wrong. Not having seen your "ugly head" With that nice middle of the road brim width and classic crown dimensions, I feel confident this hat would look good on pretty much any head it fits on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael