Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Board Game Poll

Which do you find to be really enjoyable to play with adults (may choose > 1)?

• Clue

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sorry

• Risk

• Yahtzee

• Stratego

• Total voters

Cousin Hepcat

Practically Family
As a side thread of Scotrace's Boardgame post-

If you had these games only to choose from, which ones do you find to be really enjoyable to play with adult friends (more than once)?

1. Clue
2. Sorry
3. Risk
4. Yahtzee
5. Stratego

(thinking about getting 1 or more of the Bookshelf Edition boardgames Mr. Xavier noted are now available at Target - Monopoly is a given, maybe Scrabble too. But, didn't play much boardgames as a kid (usually outsite), ).

Thanks!
- C H

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
I can't help thinking of the episode of Carol Burnett when Eunice got so upset playing Sorry. But then, it didn't take much for her to get upset.

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Paisley said:
I can't help thinking of the episode of Carol Burnett when Eunice got so upset playing Sorry. But then, it didn't take much for her to get upset.

Loved the episode...but alas, didn't give the game my vote. So in the words of Eunice Harper....

"Soooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrr-rrrreeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! "

Warden

One Too Many
I love Monopoly and rushed to buy the speical 1930s anniversary edition last year.

We played it after our Christmas dinner. Mrs W and I are all set for the usual 2-¬? hour long game. Fully expecting the game to degenerate into the usual pattern of bitter recriminations. After an hour of playing I am usually rather grateful to go to jail to miss a few goes, but this did not happen. Our daughter who up to now had not let her new baby doll out of her hands found the concept of rolling dice as exciting as the latest digital play station thingy. There is a problem in letting a 3-year-old roll the dice. What happens is the dice tends to become airborne. Dice are not designed for their aerodynamic qualities and the result was we spent an hour looking for the dice, which was last seen flying towards the dog‚Äôs bed. Thus ended our game of monopoly.

Warden D

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Monopoly. I made a custom version that has a second row of squares and a double amount of money, houses, hotels for additional businesses and streets.:)

MelissaAnne

One of the Regulars
I'm a Scrabble gal, myself. My husband and I can get pretty competitive. He's sneaky and always manages to take advantage of the Triple Word Score blocks. :eusa_doh:

farnham54

A-List Customer
No Trivial Pursuit?

If you folks like Trivia, and havn't seen nor heard of this game, it is your DUTY to seek it out. It's fantastically fun.

As far as how I voted--Risk all the way with the guys. With the ladies present also it's a lot more fun to play a less, forgive me, warmongering game. I've found very few gals who like Risk, but almost everyone loves Clue.

Cheers
Craig

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy