Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BOARDWALK EMPIRE (HBO) - Everything you wanted to bootleg about the Show!

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Excellent, same as it ever was. Seems invigorated by its success, and definitely firing on all cylinders. Great bits of character development for Richard Harrow and Agent Van Alden in this episode.

And I loved the barely visible cut when Nucky was addressing the congregation at the black church, then the white one!

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
He's MUCH too good a character to kill off! Instead, I predict that they'll continue playing up his emotional damage, and the contradiction of being a cold-blooded killer who longs for family and love.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
The 2nd season premier was fabulous. The show just flows. That seamless cut from black church to white church just summed up what someone like Nucky had to do to keep his empire intact, although it seems like it's going to unravel a bit based on his arrest, and Darmody and the Dabney Coleman character's subplot.

I enjoyed Van Alden's character development, and my jaw almost hit the floor at Darmody's mother's diaper changing story.

And all the other subplot setups have me fascinated.

Henry Gondorff

A-List Customer
TV-series: Boardwalk Empire

I thought this might be of interest especially for the male Fedora Loungers: there is this TV - series called Boardwalk Empire. It's about Atlantic City during the 1920's and Prohibition era. Unfortunately it's only on pay - per - view, but you can find the trailer on YT, right here: (unfortunately in german, 5 parts in total, but we get at least a glimpse to beautiful suits and dresses.)

[video=youtube;XPOfDYzz7aM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPOfDYzz7aM[/video]

First thing I did after I saw this show: I ordered myself a shirt with a collar shaped like those the men wear in the video. In my opinion this is the way a man should be dressed...

ryanc

Familiar Face
wow germany is way behind were already into the second season lol. and im sorry its only on paper view for yall folks there

Henry Gondorff

A-List Customer
Thank you C - dot, I did not see that. Perhaps then we should just let die this thread and participate in the active thread. No need to discuss the exact same topic twice...

Henry Gondorff

A-List Customer
I'm starting to get envy. I only saw the pilot of the series on YT. Only the pilot, nothing else; because Boardwalk Empire is in Germany only on pay-per view also. But I do hope that we will see the whole first season on DVD soon, and then it's definitely mine...

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I want to see that show! Geez just look at the shoes he wears from the get go, you know everything is freaking great looking on the clothing/wardrobe side, and I am more than confident the show is zip-bang good to watch as well.

Henry Gondorff

A-List Customer
LoveMyHats2, i was lost too from the moment when I saw those shoes. Perhaps we can get more via HBO's website, thanks to Wiser Hatter. But I have to figure that out, i'm too busy at the moment...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuatara