Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BOARDWALK EMPIRE (HBO) - Everything you wanted to bootleg about the Show!

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Yeah, I caught the last two thirds of it. Pretty interesting back ground for his family. I think the show is called "Who do you think you are?". I think that it came out that his great grandfather was a dentist. How ironic.

Cheers!

Dan

Rats Riley

A-List Customer
Finally got to see the 1st episode. They were giving it away at Blockbuster with the purchase of a HBO series. We asked how much it was by itself.... One penny!

Rats Riley

A-List Customer
Very Sharp!

I'm surprised they only have one volume. They could easily have two or three by now, or if nothing else go with a multiple disc offering.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Teaser for the second season:

[video=youtube_share;s-B8RjzOwG8]http://youtu.be/s-B8RjzOwG8[/video]

The eyes on Nucky one is good too

[video=youtube_share;g_C_c7oZacA]http://youtu.be/g_C_c7oZacA[/video]

Last edited:

Stormy

A-List Customer
Yep, I'm also a Boardwalk addict and proud of it! I had given up on tv, but now I have something to look forward to watching. I like when a show makes me fiend like this one does. I haven't had an addiction since Boston Legal was cancelled.

Stormy

A-List Customer
Some friends and I are having a Boardwalk party next Sunday! I can't wait. What do you all want to see happen this season? I want to see what Nucky's weakness is. Does anyone here know? What or who does he really fear?

Nobert

Practically Family
So, how about authenticity?
Spot any mistakes?
I think I've spotted some cart board matchboxes, back then these would probably be made of very thin wood?

In one of the earlier episodes, Nucky's brother is reading a copy of How to Win Friends and Influence People with the title set in what appears to be Kabel, which was not released until 1925. At any rate, it's a geometric sans serif face, and those wouldn't have made their way to the U.S. until later in the 20s.

I know that's going back a bit in the series and the thread, but I've been itching to point that out to someone for months now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats