Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BOARDWALK EMPIRE (HBO) - Everything you wanted to bootleg about the Show!

Espee

Practically Family
I remember Touché Turtle, but nothing about him having a partner.
Hmmm... We had a dog who repeatedly earned the nickname " dum-dum," right around that time.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
I'm warming up to this Sigrid (Mrs. Nelson Van Alden/George Mueller) character. She's willing and able to administer deadly blows to her partner's adversaries, and she cooks up marketable hooch on her kitchen still.

We should all have such a devoted and resourceful spouse.

Nothing like a woman willing to go to bat fer her man... LITERALLY! To paraphrase John Wayne in "They Were Expendable"...

"She's a handy gal to have around in prohibition."

So it's all out war the old style Sicilians vs. The Luciano Business Model. I know who lives and who dies, it's just going to be interesting to see how they do it.

Worf

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I was just watching a bit of the 1991 film Mobsters. It's pretty awful. It's funny how I guess I now view BE's Luciano and Capone as accurate depictions of these men, becuase Christian Slater as Luciano and the guy that played The Man in Black on Lost as Capone seem horribly miscast.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102460/

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Gillian is not long for this world.
[video=youtube_share;wfJ2ujNC9Mg]http://youtu.be/wfJ2ujNC9Mg[/video]

Next week's show start's the action.
[video=youtube_share;40rs8iPgosA]http://youtu.be/40rs8iPgosA[/video]

Last edited:

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
I was just watching a bit of the 1991 film Mobsters. It's pretty awful. It's funny how I guess I now view BE's Luciano and Capone as accurate depictions of these men, becuase Christian Slater as Luciano and the guy that played The Man in Black on Lost as Capone seem horribly miscast.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102460/

Its really a horribly bad mobster movie. Right up there with Hoodlum but not quite as bad as Hit the Dutchman... yeech...

Feraud

Bartender
Tuesday evening I went to see the Broadway production of Glengarry Glen Ross. The cast included Al Pacino, John C. McGinley, Richard Schiff, and Bobby Cannavale. All the actors did a great job but John McGinley and Cannavale stole the show.
Btw, Bobby Cannavale plays Gyp Rosetti in Boardwalk Empire.

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
^^Cannavale as Roma makes perfect sense. Pacino now playing The Machine (the polar opposite of Roma) must have been interesting!

Feraud

Bartender
Cannavale was a great Ricky Roma, so slick and sincere pedding the soft sell.
It was cool to see Pacino as Shelly "The Machine" Levine but I don't think anyone can top Jack Lemmon's performance in the film version. Lemmon was great!

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Saw Paz de la Huerta (Lucy Danziger) last night.......over-served........torn dress......and a bit thick in the mid section.

paz-dela-huerta-Splash-News.jpeg

The writers are venturing dangerously close to the shark tank.

But what the hell ...

It wouldn't surprise me at this point to see Margaret kill Gyp Rosetti. And somebody's gotta off Gillian. Even though she has given him ample reason, I doubt it'll be Richard Harrow who does it.

I couldn't have been the only one who got a tad annoyed by Nucky's repeated flashbacks to Billie Kent's lovely mug just before she got blown to smithereens.

Feraud

Bartender
Gillian has proven herself to be more a monster and menace than any of those gangsters with their bootlegging and murder. Her chastising Richard Harrow and implying it was his fault for Jimmy's son to see what goes on in a brothel was one more strike against her.
I have this small hope to see Richard take Jimmy's son, his new girlfriend and disappear on a train.

The writers are venturing dangerously close to the shark tank.
Just curious, what aspect of the storyline is giving you this feeling?

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
I loved the end of this episode and General Gip. Three eipsodes left and there are several good endings for each story line.

[video=youtube_share;Xz_Uw5Dd-xE]http://youtu.be/Xz_Uw5Dd-xE[/video]

[video=youtube_share;-bIJxh88oW0]http://youtu.be/-bIJxh88oW0[/video]

kyboots

Practically Family
The Sad part is that they was an even more impressive movie house right across the street. That was torn down and replaced with a parking lot in the late 60's.
RialtoTheater1920s.jpg

144.jpg

Here is the parking lot.
RialtoTheaterparkinglot.jpg

RialtoTheaterdemolJan-1969.jpg

There where several others. that where also torn down.

It brings a tear to think of the loss of the Rialto. When I was little would play in that upstairs lobby. What a shame. Louisville After The Bombings!--John

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
John you may see my brothers name on Louisville papers
As he is at the forefront of saving all landmark buildings in Louisville I do a lot of graphic design work to support his efforts.

Gillian has proven herself to be more a monster and menace than any of those gangsters with their bootlegging and murder. Her chastising Richard Harrow and implying it was his fault for Jimmy's son to see what goes on in a brothel was one more strike against her.
I have this small hope to see Richard take Jimmy's son, his new girlfriend and disappear on a train. ...

I'm confident lots of us are wishing for that very outcome. I mean, Richard is a killer, but he's such a damned likable killer, whereas the people he dispatches are decidedly not.

... Just curious, what aspect of the storyline is giving you this feeling?

The whole thing is becoming increasingly implausible. And some of the tricks are just so cheap and easy -- such as the repeated flashbacks to the final few seconds of Billie Kent's earthly existence and Nucky's watery post-concussion vision. Cheesy.

I'll keep on watching it, though, mostly because it's good, clean, bloody fun, and the clothes and the scenes are pretty cool. But I won't think that it offers much insight into how life really was during Prohibition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic