Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BOARDWALK EMPIRE (HBO) - Everything you wanted to bootleg about the Show!

Lily Powers

Practically Family
Worf said:
1. The guy works for you for years, you don't know if he's even married or got kids?

2. This same guy is the only one of your whole crew that stands by your side when the lead starts flyin' and you don't anything about him? He's bound himself to you not money and you never took the time to learn his name?

That's a subtle yet powerful glimpse of Nucky's self-involvement that he doesn't even know Eddie's background. And he didn't always treat Eddie that kindly, either. But then again, Nucky enjoyed his girlfriends, his criminal pursuits and didn't pay much attention to Margaret but then seems a little burned that she was seeing Owen. I'll give Nucky credit for standing by Eddie at the end to help the doctor, er, medical student.

3. Richard's a great character, I amazed my family as I began calling off every weapon he put on the bed. He's going to war and the madam of the house is in trouble.
I'm amazed too. And just a wee bit frightened!

5. My men could dress back then, particularly when performing various acts of mayhem.
Just because one is pillaging and looting, shooting and otherwise being vicious doesn't mean one can't be extremely fashionable. ;)

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Please, can you identify Richard's weapons?

I'm doing this from memory:

2 .45 Auto's one standard Army issue one not.
1 German Luger Auto.
1 Long barrel .44
1 Long barrel .38 special
1 Remington pump shotgun.
1 Springfield '03 (I believe) modded for sniper scope.

I may have missed some but it's because I saw this last Sunday and its Wednesday now and ah'm old and decripitated.

Worf

Worf

I'll Lock Up
That's a subtle yet powerful glimpse of Nucky's self-involvement that he doesn't even know Eddie's background. And he didn't always treat Eddie that kindly, either. But then again, Nucky enjoyed his girlfriends, his criminal pursuits and didn't pay much attention to Margaret but then seems a little burned that she was seeing Owen. I'll give Nucky credit for standing by Eddie at the end to help the doctor, er, medical student.

I'm amazed too. And just a wee bit frightened!

Just because one is pillaging and looting, shooting and otherwise being vicious doesn't mean one can't be extremely fashionable. ;)

My God Woman!!!! You're good! Well played... well played. I knew most if not all of Richards weapons because for 3.5 years the U.S. Army PAID me to know such things as well as how to install and remove trip mines, bouncing bettys, toe poppers, various anti-taink mines, anti-personnel mines etc... Briefly at the end of my career I was also part of the LAST Atomic Demolitions Unit in the US Armed Forces. When the Communist hoardes crossed the DMZ the next time nuclear demolitions would be used to render all that Russki tankage useless. There's a LOT of quazi useless knowledge rattling round this old servicemans head.

Worf

Lily Powers

Practically Family
Worf said:
"We" (the Royal WE) are not concerned with nor desire to hear your excuses.... GET THEE TO A PUNNERY!
Worf
I dunno... sounds like a bad habit to get into.

Worf said:
My God Woman!!!! You're good! Well played... well played. I knew most if not all of Richards weapons because for 3.5 years the U.S. Army PAID me to know such things as well as how to install and remove trip mines, bouncing bettys, toe poppers, various anti-taink mines, anti-personnel mines etc... Briefly at the end of my career I was also part of the LAST Atomic Demolitions Unit in the US Armed Forces. When the Communist hoardes crossed the DMZ the next time nuclear demolitions would be used to render all that Russki tankage useless. There's a LOT of quazi useless knowledge rattling round this old servicemans head.
Worf
There's no such thing as quazi-useless knowledge! It's that kind of special info that makes for winning trivia teams at the local pubs. All I could do was look at Richard's cache and the best description I could come up with was, "oooh, that's a lot of guns."

However, with all your experience of weaponry, you must know that the pun is mightier than the sword. :cheers1:

I'm doing this from memory:

2 .45 Auto's one standard Army issue one not.
1 German Luger Auto.
1 Long barrel .44
1 Long barrel .38 special
1 Remington pump shotgun.
1 Springfield '03 (I believe) modded for sniper scope.

I may have missed some but it's because I saw this last Sunday and its Wednesday now and ah'm old and decripitated.

Worf

I think the Springfield was actually a real sniper rifle from the period. They did make them but very few of them. I don't remember if the butt pad was the correct laced leather though.[huh]

winter_joe

A-List Customer
It was Luciano who told masseria but he didn't snitch perse he only mentioned Nicky was gonna make a move on him so he was ready. And Eli came with Capone and his henchmen not nuckys. Nucky never had to face what gyp has done because no one ever tried taking out Nucky by a means of war.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Here is the screenshots of Richard laying out his guns .
Photo%20Nov%2029%2C%205%2017%2025%20AM.png

Photo%20Nov%2029%2C%205%2017%2042%20AM.png

Photo%20Nov%2029%2C%205%2018%2004%20AM.png

Photo%20Nov%2029%2C%205%2018%2010%20AM.png

A Scary look on Richards face.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
I think the Springfield was actually a real sniper rifle from the period. They did make them but very few of them. I don't remember if the butt pad was the correct laced leather though.[huh]
Based upon my knowledge the Springfield (fakey Mauser) WAS the sniper rifle for U.S. Forces in WWI. And to Doc Strange. Those could be .32 Auto's but I'd need to heft em for sure they look too large to be that caliber.

Worf

Worf

I'll Lock Up
It was Luciano who told masseria but he didn't snitch perse he only mentioned Nicky was gonna make a move on him so he was ready. And Eli came with Capone and his henchmen not nuckys. Nucky never had to face what gyp has done because no one ever tried taking out Nucky by a means of war.
No he mentioned out loud then leaned over and whispered the particulars in Massaria's ear. No someone snitched the entire plan and particulars to Luciano or Rothstein who then used it to curry favor with Massaria.

Worf

Doublegun

Practically Family
Based upon my knowledge the Springfield (fakey Mauser) WAS the sniper rifle for U.S. Forces in WWI. And to Doc Strange. Those could be .32 Auto's but I'd need to heft em for sure they look too large to be that caliber.

Worf

Throughout WW1 (and even early into WW II) US forces were issued Springfield 1903's however, the rifle Richard laid out on the bed is not a 1903 Springfield, that I can tell. The shotgun is probably a cut-off Browning A-5 although early Remington auto-loaders also had a squared hump-back. As for the pistols, I agree that they look a little too substantial to be .32's. More like 380's or 9mm.

winter_joe

A-List Customer
Browning semi auto 12 gauge, a s&w new model army I think, a webley revolver, and a couple colt pocket pistols. And don't forget his s&w Schofield I love that revolver. And he does have a pump shotgun it's a Winchester 1897.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran