Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BOARDWALK EMPIRE (HBO) - Everything you wanted to bootleg about the Show!

I concur with Guttersnipe's take on this -- the gist of it, at any rate. Sure, some of the characters are fictional, but they're based on people with the very same names. So while much of their story as portrayed on the show is whole-cloth fabrication, I doubt the writers would kill off a character in 1920-something whose real-life counterpart lived to 1950- or '60-something.

This is Hollywood fakery. They'll kill of anyone anywhere and forget about history completely. lol lol

Bloodshed sells, no doubt, which goes some ways toward explaining why they serve us so much of it.

Ain't got no crystal ball here, but I'm betting the characters based on Nucky and Luciano and Means and Remus and Torrio and Capone won't get murdered. The writers are free to draw as many wholly fictional characters, and characters based on actual figures who met with violent ends, that there's plenty of blood to paint the scenes without bumping off those who in reality eventually succumbed to something other than homicide.

Fakery? Of course. Almost all fictionalized accounts of gangster life demand the viewer to suspend disbelief (some more than others), provided that viewer accepts that he's watching this to be entertained rather than educated.

Last edited:
Fakery? Of course. Almost all fictionalized accounts of gangster life demand the viewer to suspend disbelief (some more than others), provided that viewer accepts that he's watching this to be entertained rather than educated.

Most assuredly. However, you run into people all the time out here who think that movies on gangsters and such are documentaries or something. :p
You definitely cannot get your history from Hollywood or we end up like Idiocracy. :p

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
[video=youtube_share;HeeZqBfBf38]http://youtu.be/HeeZqBfBf38[/video]

[video=youtube_share;55cdVWhthaI]http://youtu.be/55cdVWhthaI[/video]

[video=youtube_share;RjHCJ4h6nmo]http://youtu.be/RjHCJ4h6nmo[/video]

Looks like things are heating up.:)

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
I want Purnsley's (Chalky's right hand man) green three piece!
11912658-large.jpg

Last edited:
Last night's episode..........:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Yeah, wow. Nucky sure had to change quickly, and I hate Rosetti and what's her name (brothel lady) even more now. Chalky and his crew are awesome. It's gonna hit the fan here. Really good, and a whole episode with no Margaret. Excellent. :)

Doublegun

Practically Family
So is Richard going to go after Gyp & Co, all by himself? Also thought the arrest of Luciano was a very interesting twist.

Well, that sure did open with a bang, eh?

A fitting end for Rosetti would be Gillian indulging his erotic asphyxiation kink for as long as it takes to, um, polish him off. I'm thinkin' that by her way of seeing it, Gyp's men turning her "respectable" establishment into the basest of bawdy houses is indeed a capital offense.

So is Richard going to go after Gyp & Co, all by himself? Also thought the arrest of Luciano was a very interesting twist.

While I'd love to see that myself, I doubt it'll work out that way. The Chicago boys are in town now.

Luciano will be in deep doo-doo with his suppliers, who don't give a whit about why he can't make good on his debt. I'm guessing he'll be cutting deals with both his criminal associates and the legal authorities.

Sierra Charriba

One of the Regulars
My opinion: the episode is the best of all seasons, at this moment. Purnsley and Chalk are great. And, my friends, Richard is the man. The best TV serie character in years. Waiting for next sunday, a very hard work!

Feraud

Bartender
I don't think that is the situation right now. Gillian used Gyp's men to remove Richard from the premises. The scene of Richard packing his tools struck me in two ways. First is Gillian telling Richard he isn't a complete person and cannot expect the things that decent folks have. Those weapons are all he has to show for his life up to this point at the brothel.
Next is the packing of his weapons can be a foreshadowing of the future. The warrior preparing for battle and all that..

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Gillian just left her self to the mercy of Gyp. Richard can take care of himself. She is afraid of losing little Tommy to Richard. Next week will be interesting for sure.

[video=youtube_share;JkjbZtClf_k]http://youtu.be/JkjbZtClf_k[/video]

Last edited:

Lily Powers

Practically Family
I don't think that is the situation right now. Gillian used Gyp's men to remove Richard from the premises. The scene of Richard packing his tools struck me in two ways. First is Gillian telling Richard he isn't a complete person and cannot expect the things that decent folks have. Those weapons are all he has to show for his life up to this point at the brothel.
Next is the packing of his weapons can be a foreshadowing of the future. The warrior preparing for battle and all that..

Gyp's men seemed a bit hesitant to remove Richard, but they postured at Gillian's beckoning and Richard left with his head held high. And when Gillian said Juliet "didnt' appear blind in her photograph," raise your hand if you wanted to smack her then and there. :wave: Richard has killed more than 60-something people with nary a blink of an eye, yet is probably the most balanced and ethical character on the show (with perhaps the exception of Gyp's dog, who seems to handle things pretty well) and easily the favorite among viewers. I've strained my eyes and frame-by-frame and watched the scenes from next week and can't figure out who he is shooting. Dark wood, staircase, well-furnished - is it in the brothel?

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
There is certainly blood splattered all over his mask. I would think that he's in the brothel removing Tommy. I can't wait for this episode, but I also do NOT want the season to end.

Feraud

Bartender
And when Gillian said Juliet "didnt' appear blind in her photograph," raise your hand if you wanted to smack her then and there. :wave:
Gillian deserved many a smack over the course of the program. If anyone deserves a slow and painful end it's that one.

Chalky is sticking his neck out for Nucky. I wonder if he will end up with a club on the boardwalk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran