Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BOARDWALK EMPIRE (HBO) - Everything you wanted to bootleg about the Show!

Landman

One Too Many
I'm surprised nobody has commented yet about the final episode. Maybe everybody is still in shock so I'll go first.

I was extremely disappointed. I thought it was a horrible ending to a great season.

Landman

One Too Many
Feraud, sorry if I spoiled the final episode for you. Maybe I'm wrong and you may feel differently. I just think they had too many loose ends to tie up in one final episode and did a poor job of doing so.

Feraud

Bartender
No worries landman. I did not yet see the episode.
The season developed nicely but began to suffer from the common problem of incredibly short seasons. I look forward to watching the finale.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Loved the ending everything fit together. Knox getting his due was great at the hands of Eli. Nucky still took care of Eli by sending him west and he had to cancel the whole leaving town bit to take care of Eli's family with Eli's son.
Narcisse did not get killed by Richard but was placed in a more difficult spot by Hover.Richard ending was fitting he had lost the ability to kill anymore and with Tommy out of Jillian's way now that whole storyline had come to and end. Love the shot of Richard's healed face as he came home to his family at the end.
Chalky is out a family and has to sit back and brew about what to do next. Nucky was taking care of him by having Richard kill Narciesse but he thinks Narciesse killed his daughter so that storyline has not been played out yet. This was a good season for Boardwalk as always the season starts off slow setting up all the various plot lines but they all played out wonderfully this year.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Loved the ending everything fit together. Knox getting his due was great at the hands of Eli. Nucky still took care of Eli by sending him west and he had to cancel the whole leaving town bit to take care of Eli's family with Eli's son.
Narcisse did not get killed by Richard but was placed in a more difficult spot by Hover.Richard ending was fitting he had lost the ability to kill anymore and with Tommy out of Jillian's way now that whole storyline had come to and end. Love the shot of Richard's healed face as he came home to his family at the end.
Chalky is out a family and has to sit back and brew about what to do next. Nucky was taking care of him by having Richard kill Narciesse but he thinks Narciesse killed his daughter so that storyline has not been played out yet. This was a good season for Boardwalk as always the season starts off slow setting up all the various plot lines but they all played out wonderfully this year.

Hey man.... two words for ya!

"SPOILER ALERT"!!!!!!!

It's called a DVR some folks have to use em. And can you at least wait a FULL 24 hours BEFORE giving away the entire plotline for a movie or series.

Worf

Lily Powers

Practically Family

As soon as Richard said goodbye to his family and that he'd see them soon, and then planted that big one on his wife's lips... like Goose in Top Gun, I knew he was a goner. One way or another, my favorite character wasn't coming back next season. They let him go the best way possible, envisioning him(self) on the train, walking down the tracks to home and his family, being happy and loved and whole again.

I wasn't warming up to this season until about the 3rd or 4th episode but I do like how it played out and how the writers ended the season. I thought the violence in the last season and the beginning of this season was gratuitous, but guess who was yelling Eli on when that rotten worm Knox was getting pummeled. All in all, lots of neatly wrapped plot lines and openings for new storylines next season.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Hey man.... two words for ya!

"SPOILER ALERT"!!!!!!!

It's called a DVR some folks have to use em. And can you at least wait a FULL 24 hours BEFORE giving away the entire plotline for a movie or series.

Worf

It's always best not to read this thread until you have watched the show. I watch it with HBO go at lunch each Monday so I can get undivided attention to shows.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
As soon as Richard said goodbye to his family and that he'd see them soon, and then planted that big one on his wife's lips... like Goose in Top Gun, I knew he was a goner. One way or another, my favorite character wasn't coming back next season. They let him go the best way possible, envisioning him(self) on the train, walking down the tracks to home and his family, being happy .

If you watch the inside the episode you will see that they really thought about why Richard had to die. I also like the touch of his Mother and father on the porch also.

Lily Powers

Practically Family
If you watch the inside the episode you will see that they really thought about why Richard had to die. I also like the touch of his Mother and father on the porch also.

Thank you for the tip! I'll catch that when I get home from work. Yes, agree about the parents on the porch. Not sure who will be my favorite character now. Maybe Van Alden - he's not quite as bent as he was in season 1, and has had some interesting direction in his character.

DAJE

One of the Regulars
Richard's parents weren't on the porch; that was his sister, her husband, and their baby, alongside Richard's wife, her father, and Tommy. No dead people in that scene other than Richard himself.

Landman

One Too Many
I guess I'm in the minority. I didn't think the final episode was very good. It felt like it was rushed and disconnected because of all the different plot lines it had to cover.

emigran

Practically Family
I guess I'm in the minority. I didn't think the final episode was very good. It felt like it was rushed and disconnected because of all the different plot lines it had to cover.

I would tend to agree that there was way too much to tie up in such a short episode, however it really did cover everyone...
Gonna be a long wait till next season. There is so much good writing and acting on television these days it's probably a new "Golden Age"...

emigran

Practically Family

I would tend to agree that there was way too much to tie up in such a short episode, however it really did cover everyone...
Gonna be a long wait till next season. There is so much good writing and acting on television these days it's probably a new "Golden Age"...

It's always best not to read this thread until you have watched the show. I watch it with HBO go at lunch each Monday so I can get undivided attention to shows.

Exactly. I had to pass on this thread until just now as we watched it only last night. Not rocket science folks!

As for the episode, I loved it. Bummed to see Richard go, but I guess of all the players I liked, it was "his time".
Eli had maybe the best ass-whoopin' scene ever recorded, and I have to say, I enjoyed it. Could not stand that little prick! Brutal is an understatement.

Gillian is gonna get shock therapy or a lobotomy. Fine with me... ;)

I'm wondering how Nucky will get Chalky's trust back though in order to take out Dr. Narcissist. Chalky's daughter getting pegged was an interesting move. But I did find Chalky's need to go to the wedding a bit phony as he's in love with "Daughter" and really doesn't care for his wife at all.

Seeing Capone's move was the only thing I really expected last night. But the ties to Nucky at the end were interesting too as Eli drove off.

For all that was going on, I think it was pretty good. I didn't expect that they could end it nearly as well as they did...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner