Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BOARDWALK EMPIRE (HBO) - Everything you wanted to bootleg about the Show!

Feraud

Bartender
I am not 100% convinced Chalky is dead. We did not see it happen so I cannot give up hope that Narcisse's hit men were bought by someone else. A girl can hope!

I thought about this too. If true, it's a cheap plot device and at this late in the game I almost hope it is not the case. BE has run it's course and should go out with dignity.

fashion frank

One Too Many
Question now is will Nucky make it out alive ?

I, speaking for myself that is ,am really ****** off at HBO .
The only reason I got HBO was because of this show and now there killing it off.
IMHO it could have kept on going.
Al Capone alone was worth a few more shows and they could have had a lot more plots to kick around.
Someone stated that it was too costly to keep on going ,but I'm not so sure about that .
Next big question is now long will it take for the boxed set to come out and how much is it going to cost?

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

frussell

One Too Many
They're going out while the show is still great, which I respect. I'll miss it, but at least it won't drag out and get silly or boring, or get canceled without a real ending, like Carnaval or Deadwood. That was a heartbreaker. They do seem to be taking a "Sopranos" approach to the last season, killing all the main characters off one by one, but hey, this is the life they have chosen. Frank

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
They're going out while the show is still great, which I respect. I'll miss it, but at least it won't drag out and get silly or boring, or get canceled without a real ending, like Carnaval or Deadwood. That was a heartbreaker. They do seem to be taking a "Sopranos" approach to the last season, killing all the main characters off one by one, but hey, this is the life they have chosen. Frank

Joel Harper's gonna establish the Soprano crime family.....HBO full circle!

31 Model A

A-List Customer
Must admit, I didn't see that coming but then again, I missed some episodes too. Who was Tommy????

I remember now, Knucky gunned down Tommy's dad...........

I'll be another waiting to buy the whole boxed set.

Last edited:

Sharpsburg

One of the Regulars
Giving Gillian to the Commodore was Nucky's original sin. In the end it killed him, made Gillian mad and made Jimmy's son a murderer, just like dad. Sad, but not unexpected. What goes around, comes around for Nucky. Sad to see a great series go.

Sharpsburg

fashion frank

One Too Many

I had a feeling he was gonna get wacked at the end but I didnt think it would be by Jimmy's kid !
Speaking of the Sopranos I just bought the boxed set ,new and sealed on free bay for $65.00 bucks, everywhere else it was like over $200.00 !

Lets see how long it takes before Boardwalk comes out as a boxed set.

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

emigran

Practically Family
Not bad... not bad at all... nice little twist of Karmic fate,,, everyone true to form to the end...
I wasn't glued to this whole series but didn't miss an episode... and the end was quite fitting... super great sets and period authenticity throughout...

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Apparently I'm the only one who was bothered that when we last saw little Tommy Darmody he was around 7 in 1924, and here he is looking 19 or 20 at the youngest in 1931...

But this is a minor complaint. As with the last couple of seasons of Mad Men, I was initially annoyed at how much time they were spending on Nucky's flashbacks, but they ultimately yielded tremendous power at the conclusion (and Gillian's plotline suddenly didn't seem to be such a pointless side-trip). Nucky's betrayal of young Gillian's trust was truly the spring of the series' entire plot, unleashing a cycle of death and destruction that the Greek playwrights and Shakespeare would recognize.

I'm really gonna miss this show!

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Apparently I'm the only one who was bothered that when we last saw little Tommy Darmody he was around 7 in 1924, and here he is looking 19 or 20 at the youngest in 1931...

But this is a minor complaint. As with the last couple of seasons of Mad Men, I was initially annoyed at how much time they were spending on Nucky's flashbacks, but they ultimately yielded tremendous power at the conclusion (and Gillian's plotline suddenly didn't seem to be such a pointless side-trip). Nucky's betrayal of young Gillian's trust was truly the spring of the series' entire plot, unleashing a cycle of death and destruction that the Greek playwrights and Shakespeare would recognize.

I'm really gonna miss this show!

No, you're NOT the only one to notice that the age of young Mr. Darmoty was "off" a bit. My only question is, last we saw he was being raised by Harrow's ex-girlfriend and her drunken Dad. Who told him of his "true past"? Did he kill Nucky in revenge for his Father or Grandmother? Yeah the flashbacks really worked on this show. They tied the whole thing up, put it all together... Problem is though the foreshadowing was so obviously heavy that when he does git blown away it was like "enough already"! And who was those badge weilding cats at the end? Private Dicks he hired for protection? If they were they faild miserably. Never thought that, in the end the show could make Al Capone a more sympathetic figure than Nucky Thompson.

Worf

31 Model A

A-List Customer
And who was those badge weilding cats at the end? Private Dicks he hired for protection? If they were they faild miserably. Never thought that, in the end the show could make Al Capone a more sympathetic figure than Nucky Thompson.

Worf

I believe they were Federal Agents about to arrest him. Noticed that after it was decided that a two man hit was to happen, so said Luciano, there were two men in most scenes that made the viewer think Knucky was about to get bumped off also besides Dr Val. two followed him into his old joint to get his things, then these last two that showed Knucky their badges as he was dying.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Worf, assorted recaps I read this morning said that they were Treasury or Bureau of Investigation agents on his tail: in the wake of the success bringing in Capone for tax evasion, other known bosses were being carefully watched.

We have to assume that Tommy was raised by Julia Sargowsky and her father, and possibly Richard's sister Emma too. (In which case he might have been seeking vengeance for Richard as well as his father and "mamaw".) But you're right - that doesn't give much indication of how Tommy found out all that secret, detailed backstory that he was too little to understand when it was originally happening. It's definitely a plot hole.

But I have to disagree: just because Capone had a sweet scene with his son, he's hardly "sympathetic"! And if Nucky's flashbacks proved anything, it's that he still retained enough of his youthful morality and ethics somewhere inside to realize that he'd doomed himself in his dealings with Gillian and Jimmy (etc.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot