Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Boater faction!

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Mike1973 said:
PATENT NO. 10005 1908"

AS WORN BY KING GEORGE V.

Not the date of this hat, George V reigned from 1910-1936, but dang, that's a nice hat!! I need to spend more time in Oxfams, apparently.

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
Some moderator could perform a lovely service by merging the three or more boater threads, as was done with spectator shoes.

As the temperature approaches 70 here in Northeast Wisconsin, a guy's fancy turns to his summer threads...

Nautica blue/white SB 2B single-vent seersucker jacket (borrowed from suit)
Tan gabardine cuffed trousers
Light blue striped shirt with white spread collar, white French cuffs, royal blue monogram on left cuff
Pierre Balmain solid royal blue tie
Vintage abstract tie clip in royal blue

2262803170102775237S500x500Q85.jpg

Royal blue patterned silk pocket square
Cole-Haan royal blue/white striped braces
Oval royal blue cufflinks
Fosssil watch with gold/silver band (right wrist)
Polished stainless steel link bracelet (left wrist)
Burberry cologne
Navy patterned OTC socks
J&M Brennan white nubuc wingtips

2180194920102775237S500x500Q85.jpg

Vintage BB straw boater with red/black band

2485131160102775237S500x500Q85.jpg

Vintage Ray-Ban Wayfarer sunglasses

My outfit has so many royal blue accents today, I should be styled "HRH"!

undertaker

Practically Family
Keep It Up......

The more I read about boaters the more I think I will get mine out and wear it. I paid quite a bit for it to get a vintage in a 7 1/2 and have never worn it in public. I keep thinking that it is the perfect summer hat for our Model T tours but I just haven't had the brass to wear it yet. Ya'll keep posting and maybe I will be persuaded.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Thanks,
J.S.

Lulu-in-Ny

A-List Customer
Wear your boaters, gentlemen!!
Seriously, I love these hats. A man in a boater is a man unafraid of comment, and that's a lovely thing- a very attractive quality...
Plus, they remind me of Harold Lloyd.:D

carldelo

One Too Many
Second that

Yes Orgetorix, I agree that's a great lid and look - I much prefer the band on your Cavanagh to the traditional red-black band of the standard boater.

K

kpreed

I love my Boater and wear it often.
IMG_2440.jpg

Here I am last Fourth Of July with my partner Patty, service dog Captain Hook and Grandchild Isabella, just before a Glenn Miller concert.

undertaker

Practically Family
Looks Great......

kpreed said:
I love my Boater and wear it often.
IMG_2440.jpg

Here I am last Fourth Of July with my partner Patty, service dog Captain Hook and Grandchild Isabella, just before a Glenn Miller concert.

.......Kpbreed. Where did you find those wonderful eyeglasses frames? They really set off that boater.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Regards,
J.S.

Woodfluter

Practically Family
undertaker said:
.......Kpbreed. Where did you find those wonderful eyeglasses frames? They really set off that boater.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Dang, those look like Harold Lloyd specs! Great combo kpreed! Oh, and your sweetie and the dog are very nice accoutrements too.;)

K

kpreed

Thank you for the good comments. I got the glass frames a few years ago, I think on the bay, funny is the way I tend to only wear them with that hat.

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
I stopped in at The Charleston Hat Man in Charleston, SC over the weekend. I ended up purchasing a Dobbs Shantung, but took the opportunity to handle a straw boater. It was made in Italy but looked and felt like stout vintage, not like the skimpy new production hats you so often see labeled "boaters." I liked it... a lot. I think if I lived in Charleston I could see myself wearing it as an every day hat. It just wouldn't feel right in Muskegon, unfortunately.

-Dave

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I just won this on Ebay. Governor's Island is coming up soon, and I just couldn't resist. It sort of completes my set of all the basic types of hat: Fedora, Homburg, Newsboy cap, Panama, and finally a Boater. Oh ,yes. I also have that Pith helmet and the WW II steel Civil defense helmet. And the black felt topper. Oh, gee, that reminds me, NO BOWLER! So I guess my hat collection is still incomplete. ;) Whatever.
I'll post pics when it arrives.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...7075&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab=Watching

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points