Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BOGARTS FEDORA

Bruce Wayne

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have looked all thru this thread, but I could not find what I was looking for. I just went to check out the golden era.net, but the site has been taked down. I have a diamond crease Optimo on order, but I am unsure of the open crown size I should have it made on to emulate the fedora Bogie wore in Casablanca. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanx!!!
Charlie

theinterchange

One Too Many
Blackthorn said:
NDVD_036.jpg

"Boy, I feel stupid sitting in a car in front of a screen" - What's running through Bogart's mind in this still [the G rated version, of course]

:p

Randy

kaosharper1

One Too Many
Bruce Wayne said:
I have looked all thru this thread, but I could not find what I was looking for. I just went to check out the golden era.net, but the site has been taked down. I have a diamond crease Optimo on order, but I am unsure of the open crown size I should have it made on to emulate the fedora Bogie wore in Casablanca. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanx!!!
Charlie

I assume that the hats he wore on The Maltese Falcon and Casablanca are similar (thought not necessarily the same hat). Mine in my avatar is 6". Art Fawcett said (and the pictures confirm) that you need a tall crown and a deep bash for that style. On mine, the crown is 6" and the bash is about 4 3/4" in the front and 5" on the side, 4 1/2" in the back.

Bruce Wayne

My Mail is Forwarded Here
kaosharper1 said:
I assume that the hats he wore on The Maltese Falcon and Casablanca are similar (thought not necessarily the same hat). Mine in my avatar is 6". Art Fawcett said (and the pictures confirm) that you need a tall crown and a deep bash for that style. On mine, the crown is 6" and the bash is about 4 3/4" in the front and 5" on the side, 4 1/2" in the back.

Thanx. You have any more pics of that hat?

kaosharper1

One Too Many
Bruce Wayne said:
Thanx. You have any more pics of that hat?

There are lots on the Art Fawcett thread if you search on my handle. But here are a few:

DSCN1515.jpg

DSCN1525.jpg

DSCN1493.jpg

DSCN1529.jpg

I should have gone with a 2" ribbon. My one regret. It's also light felt.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Bruce Wayne said:

Thanx!!!
Charlie
I do have a suggestion. Call Art Fawcett and tell him what you want in a hat. I did that with these Bogart pics from Tokyo Joe and he duplicated the hat perfectly. He's an artist, truly.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Bruce Wayne said:
The problem is that I already have one on order from Optimo.
If you supply pictures and/or explain the hat, Optimo will be able to come up with appropriate dimensions for you. You need the right hat for your head based upon the Bogart hat--not his dimensions necessarily(unless you are his size and shape). I'm sure it is a hat he has already had experience recreating. Just make sure you have consulted until you are confident your desires are understood. Of course you can always stuff down a slightly taller crown when in doubt.
5019413690_530e1d92ed_o.jpg

kaosharper1

One Too Many
theinterchange said:
Is it just the lighting, or is there a touch of green in the grey? Either way, smashing hat! I've never been a big Bogart fancier, but can appreciate a well done homage/replica hat. :eusa_clap

Randy
In some lights it can look like that. The color is called granite and its one of the brown-greys as opposed to a blue-grey so it can look greenish in some lights. Thanks for the kind words. Its an Art Fawcett classic.

Tommy

One of the Regulars
and check out that crease!

spade5et5.jpg

Maybe it's the first time I've noticed this, but the bash on his Fedora is the opposite of what I typically see with 'triangular' bashes. Typically, they seem 1 point at front, and two in the back because of the two front dents, but Bogie manages two front dents with a reverse triangle bash. Or is that a diamond?

be easy, I'm learning.

Last edited:

Marshall

One of the Regulars
Wow, that has got to be one of the most beautiful hats I have ever seen. I wish I had the dough....:eusa_booh

Hmm...anyone know how much you can sell a kidney for?

Last edited:

riccardo

Practically Family
Hi to all,
Casablanca and its crew is really an icon.
Boogie and Bacall are two great movie's idol too...but Sidney and others too.
I like very much Casablanca kind of hat, but I think wearing this hat is not very easy: it needs to have a Boogies kind of face and noggins, he wore his hats in inimitable way.
(do you prefer I write in Italian?))))

God bless You.
Riccardo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo