Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BOGARTS FEDORA

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
Just within the last two years I have noticed more Fedora wearing around Pittsbugh...

Now let me clearly state for the record that Pittsburgh is very slow to get on any bandwagon..... It has to be the last city to get on board anything. So Hats are on a comeback.... I see someone (besides myself in the mirror LOL ) wearing a hat just about every day now...

I very rarely get a comment like "hey Indy "anymore and I do get a quite a few nice comments.

I don't see anyone staring at my hat , so I guess we have finally been accepted as normal people ...... lol

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
More Bogie pics, from Tokyo Joe. This was the movie that made me want to own a fedora:

NDVD_036.jpg

NDVD_028.jpg

NDVD_038.jpg

NDVD_037.jpg

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
M6Classic said:
But let us be clear...do you think the hats made Bogart or that Bogart made the hats?

Buzz
Yes. :D

Actually, I don't care either way. Bogart wasn't the only one wearing fedoras back then, so I can't say he made the fedora. Nor can I say fedoras made him, since he wasn't wearing one through most of Casablanca.

But after seeing Tokyo Joe, I just felt that fedoras exemplified that era in a way I hadn't noticed before. And I wanted one.

Hamletsghost

New in Town
I DO agree it doesn't matter but Bogie DID make the hat (whichever one he wore - love the Homburg in the Kid Gallahad shot) - Love your choice from Tokyo Joe Blackthorn.
Let's turn to the Big Sleep - What a tour-de-force of fashion - Obviously the Sternwood girls are impecably dressed and sexy - with all the moolah General Sternwood has they can have and indulge in the best - The best dressed hood of the bunch definately goes to Canino - The sadist who poisened "Little Johnsie" obviously a well paid thug. The picture of the kiss in the car IS a masterpiece - What style - Baby's fur - Bogie's hat - His Plaid coat - the Tank watch ( looks like a Longiennes - I have my grandfathers). It is one of the best shot's in movie history.
BUT NOW COMES MY :eek:fftopic: QUESTION - Does anyone know what is the year make & model of Bogies car in the Big Sleep??? (With it's requisite B ration tag.)
I have tried to figure that one out for years - There are some GREAT cars to go with all the fashions in this film - Packards (ask the man who owns one :D ) Late Model Buicks and all the greatest American beauties you could ask for. But what was Bogie's ride? It's a pip.

Quapaw

New in Town
[BUT NOW COMES MY :eek:fftopic: QUESTION - Does anyone know what is the year make & model of Bogies car in the Big Sleep??? (With it's requisite B ration tag.)
I have tried to figure that one out for years - There are some GREAT cars to go with all the fashions in this film - Packards (ask the man who owns one :D ) Late Model Buicks and all the greatest American beauties you could ask for. But what was Bogie's ride? It's a pip.[/QUOTE]

It's a 1938 Plymouth DeLuxe..
http://www.imcdb.org/images/009/700.jpg

Hamletsghost

New in Town
A million thanx - That 2 seater 5 window Coupe has always been one of my favorite cars. Seen the movie more times than I can remember - Now if I can just find The Car - secure the bucks to own one - Then it's - Me - the car - THE HAT - and Baby too boot - MMMMMMM MMMMMMM life would be sooo sweeeet.;)

PS - Almost forgot - I would also just happen to have a bottle of pretty good Rye.....

Boodles

A-List Customer
Topper with a black tie!

A major fashion "fox paw" according to the formal wear primer thread. Tsk Mr. Bogey.

suitedcboy said:
Bogey seemed to have bent the rules a lot. He wore his lid indoors.

GO BOGEY!

Boodles

A-List Customer
Shoulder detail on her suit

If I had not been so distracted by the "goil" I would have noticed the shoulder detail on her suit earlier. Take a look at that.

Thanks so much for posting these photos!

Mario said:
Wow. What a look! The hat is great (of course) but I'm also DYING for that suit! Speaking of vintage silhouettes... :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy