Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bone Colored Borsalino

DocBob345

Familiar Face

The hat is beautiful. I love that color - and the ribbon adds the perfect dash. Wear it in good health!

Best,
Robert

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Ah.. just spotted this after PMing about it, Matt.
The joint was stuffed with folk that night. Someone probably half pickled thought it was a silly costume piece or something. Very sorry to hear it hasn't turned up. Watching you with it, it was clearly a favorite.

For want of a better board-friendly curse: Piggy Poop!

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Matt Deckard said:
I need suspects... who was wearing a black dress that night?

I'd round up this Usual Suspect for starters.

DSCF0279.jpg

Has this happened to others?

Matt Deckard said:
She was stolen on the QM while I was dancing.
A return to the scene of the crime was no help other than a lady telling me that a woman in a black dress placed the hat on her head and walked out the door. Literally my favorite hat. She will be missed. Borsy 2002 -- 2006
Bone5-vi.jpg
That is very unfortunate Matt, and I am sorry to hear you lost such a fine and much loved hat.

As much as I hate to say it, there is an element today, that does not see this as stealing! It was simply an opportunity they could not pass up. I lost a newsboy cap in similar circumstances, and know friends that had expensive leather jackets taken while at the bar. I would naturally not leave my keys or wallet on the bar but now it seems anything of value is up for grabs. All I can say is if out with friends, one can now see the need to protect one another, perhaps some one needs to always stay and play hat check person. keeping an eye on the stuff to make sure nothing walks off, either on its own or absconded by ill mannered trash.

Feraud

Bartender
Matt Deckard said:
She was stolen on the QM while I was dancing.
My sympathies to you Matt. I was shocked when you mentioned it at the QM. My suspicions immediately turned to a certain someone in a black dress who was throwing herself at everyone on the Observation Bar.
Let us hope a little Karma catches up with them. ;)

Johnnysan

One Too Many
Matt...sorry for your loss. What a way to wreck an otherwise happy event. Like John said, there are folks out there who don't see this as much more than a harmless prank. I hope that someday, they'll have the opportunity to learn just how wrong they are. :mad:

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
MAN O MAN, what a drag. Sorry to read about your hat. That is just wrong. That was truely a beautiful hat. Nothing sacred any longer.:(

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Matt,

I wasn't around when this happened, but man, what a sweet hat and a bitter ending!

I've had expensive sunglasses plucked off my table when I stepped away to get my food (on an US Air Force base, no less) and though they didn't have the importance to me that a fine hat does I couldn't believe the gall and incivility it showed. Some people just don't have any integrity. The knowledge of that doesn't make it any easier to accept.

Regards,
Tom

M_Jones

One of the Regulars
Matt, I feel bad that you lost this hat but I must admit that I visit this thread quite often. It is by far one of my favorites. I share your preferences in hats. It is a sweet lid. It may be gone but long live the memory!

Regards,
Hollis

Spats McGee

One Too Many
Matt, I never knew about this until today. Not that there's a good way to lose such a treasured lid, but that's a thoroughly rotten one! Good luck on yuor search.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn