Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bone Colored Borsalino

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I recently purchased a bone colored Borsalino that I believe to be from the late 30's early 40's

It is the softest hat I have ever felt and is extremely light, though the felt is not very thin.

I will post pics when I get the chance.

Now that I am back online from home it should be alot easier.

One interesting thing about the hat is that is is of the same design that my grey and my brown vintage Borsalino have... same as a light brown version Wild Root has too.

High untapered crown with a cavenaugh edge... same model, different felt quality.

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm dying to see this hat. I'm anxious to see how Bone looks, as I'm on a quest to find a light colored hat, and this would give me hope that they are still out there to find.

Brad Bowers

I am interested in what the interior liner label looks like. I have seen several that have the same logo with different background colors. I wonder if that means anything other than a logo color change. :D I really like my vintage Borsalinos. That was how to make a hat. Perhaps they should be studing some of their vintage stuff and go back to the future. ;)

Regards,

J

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Here is a pick of me wearing it...
I will have more up later.

the liner is an off white with an orange oval Borsalino label

JBwithflapper-vi.jpg

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Swell

All I can say is "WOW" and "GOLLY".
I wish I had such a fine hat in my collection
My ONLY Borsalino is too small for me, but it is a dead ringer for the hat Bogie wore.

So, the trick is...where to find one.

I loved the Dobbs I think, that James Powers sent to are..but unfortunately it was MOTH ruined.

However, it is what I am looking for in my next vintage hat.

The liner and label are the same color and shape as mine are. Very interesting.
The hat looks good on you. Nice jaunty angle. :D
Andy, did you see the Richman brothers hat I had Art clean for me? That is nearly the same color in ribbon and hat as moth hat. YEP, just went and compared. They are the same but the ribbon on moth hat is thicker.
Gee, I wish I knew you were looking for the same thing. I just saw one like moth hat sell for about $20. It was a 7 3/8 though and I do not remember your size. I will keep an eye out.

Regards,

J

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Reblock time!

It is very fixable. You should visit Art and stay with him as he takes the hat down and blocks it, then sets the brim, and puts it back together.

You'll have fun.

Does he have it yet? I am planning to visit on Monday.

He doesn't have it just yet. I do not have it in my hands just yet. It is for my wife anyway. :D She likes vintage Borsalinos probably more than I do. ;)
I don't know if I want to see the hat eviscerated before my very eyes. LOL It is sort of unnerving to see even a junk hat pulled apart. I guess I would rather not know so I can see how different it looks when I pick it up. I know you probably have been at a few of my hat autopsies. ;)

Regards,

J

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Matt --

That hat is wonderful; there is nothing like a Borsalino. I have not yet found a men's Borsalino in white or off-white, but have a bid on a woman's white Borsalino on ebay.

That hat almost looks the color of silverbelly, like my cowboy hat, but it could just be the lighting.

But, what a beauty!

karol

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Thanks for the compliments guys
Going to be posting more photos soon with some picks of the ventilation in the front... actually I'll have to do a side by side with all the Borsalinos that I have which are the same model but different colors. This thing just looks rich.

On the inside it says Silverstone's Milwaukee and the logo on the top has that US patent info that all my others have.

The sticker on the inside from Silverton's says it originally cost $30.00

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn