Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bookster Three Piece Tweed

Micawber

A-List Customer
tweed_swatch_039.jpg

I'm about to commission a hunt coat (frock coat style) in something very similar to the brown herringbone.

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender

The problem is they are tough little buggers to photograph. We shoot product shots all the time. Yet I shot these three times and I am still not satisfied. I will wait for sun shine. Sun light has a wonderful....or sometimes terrifying... quality of revealing what is true.

bookster1uk

Vendor
buttons

MK said:
The problem is they are tough little buggers to photograph. We shoot product shots all the time. Yet I shot these three times and I am still not satisfied. I will wait for sun shine. Sun light has a wonderful....or sometimes terrifying... quality of revealing what is true.
The button pics on our site aren't too bad

carter

I'll Lock Up
I have been looking at the Bookster products for some time now and find them to be very responsive and customer oriented. I'm glad to finally have seen this thread as I am always interested in the pictures we see of our friends from the UK in tweeds.

Alan. I have a question regarding the 1926 hacking jacket you posted.

theenglishsquire_633397266464788750.jpg

I imagine the close cut is a case of form following function but am curious about the cut of the jacket in the back. Are there side vents as well as a center vent?
It would be fascinating to see the construction of this jacket sans lining if that were possible.

Great thread!
Carter

bookster1uk

Vendor
1926 hacking jacket

carter said:
I have been looking at the Bookster products for some time now and find them to be very responsive and customer oriented. I'm glad to finally have seen this thread as I am always interested in the pictures we see of our friends from the UK in tweeds.

Alan. I have a question regarding the 1926 hacking jacket you posted.

theenglishsquire_633397266464788750.jpg

I imagine the close cut is a case of form following function but am curious about the cut of the jacket in the back. Are there side vents as well as a center vent?
It would be fascinating to see the construction of this jacket sans lining if that were possible.

Great thread!
Carter
Hi Carter,
We have had similar pieces go through our hands by the same maker, I 'm sure the one illustrated has a single vent, I have never encountered one with 3 vents,the skirt is very wide, to facilitate its original use. Most likely, the lining would be a plain colour,probably brown, in cotton, and the sleeve linings cream in a satin like fabric, though probably marked or faded by age.
Peter

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
I finally get "high armholes"

This pic:

brookster4.jpg

Finally explains what is meant by armholes that are too low. Other than that, it's a very nice looking suit. I would definitely wear it.

-Dave

Jerekson

One Too Many
That is a really...cool...suit. I absolutely love it. I would definitely wear something like that.

Those armholes are something fierce though. I'm not gonna lie.

Creeping Past

One Too Many
I was asking because a very specific piece of information was offered:

MK said:
He is interested in creating a whole new design/pattern for the Fedora Lounge customer.

As far as I know, this was never mentioned again.

H.Johnson

One Too Many
Mr. Past,

Yes, I realise that. You may recall from the thread that Mr. Bookster (being a most obliging fellow) proffered that he could and would make almost anything that some one wanted of any reasonably obtainable fabric - at a price.

You may also recall that this made the more traditionally-minded nervous, as what was being described didn't sound like a 'proper' British tweed suit.

And then, no doubt, you will recall that Mr. B put minds at rest by saying that he would never abandon that inimitable style, bringing a sense of relief to many.

I am also sure that if you frequent the London Lounge you will know what the gentlemen there are about...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails