Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Borsalino "Quito" Panama 7 1/2US

D

demian

Hello

As I have recently purchased an Optimo I have chosen to sell the Borsalino. I simply cannot justify two.

I purchased it new late this September out of LA..worn only once, on the plane from Texas returning to my home in Florence, Italy (where it was very cold already..so that was that... short-lived.)

It is in outstanding condition of course, and an absolutely beautiful hat exhibiting no wear or use.

The "Quito" is no longer available as it has been discontinued. It's name is derived from the city of the same name known for their particular type of weave.

It was made in Quito, Ecuador specifically for Borsalino, and shaped by them in Italy. (One of the only that were these days under $400.)

It remains very pliable and soft, and the snap brim can be shaped in a variety of ways. Traditional fedora, or brim up for a younger look.

*The Crown: 4 1/2"
*Brim: 2 1/8"

The size is an *actual* US 7 1/2
The color within the images is quite accurate. A pale beige/yellow. Beige silk grosgrain ribbon.

The price new was/is $160 (not including shipping). Difficult to find now.

PRICE: $100 shipped.

I have attached images, as well as one with it on quickly taken for reference as I have found this helpful.

Please note that I spend my time between New York, Dallas, and Florence, Italy.

I am a verified PayPal account holder using my address in the States, however, once again as stated above, I have it here with me at my home in Italy.

Due to the Euro I shall be taking quite a hit on shipping at ~$40 USD..sent registered mail ~7days to arrive.

Please contact me with genuine interest via PM or preferrably via email: PHPPAL(at)LYCOS(dot)COM

Thank you all and kind regards.

[img=http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/3491/borsaquito5rl6.th.jpg]
[img=http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/6506/borsaquito3ut0.th.jpg]
[img=http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/4875/borsaquitometz0.th.jpg]
[img=http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/4615/borsaquito1su3.th.jpg]

D

demian

What cheapskates. (grin) Perhaps I should wait for summer or go the auction route, yet wished to add:

$75obo for lounge members. All I've learned about hats I've learned here...you all deserve it.

I am very experienced shipping fragile and highly valuable items, not to worry. It will be well received for those not well traveled or intimidated by that big word "international".

As a note this hat does have an especially nice weave and is of fine quality. These type of hats can also be easily stretched or re-sized.

It's beautiful.
Thanks.

jpbales

Practically Family
that is a very nice hat, at a good price, but I can't justify buying just about anything right now unless it's gasoline lol I wish I could though!

Wil Tam

Practically Family
definitely a gorgeous lid

too big for me .. great price though .. be patient I'm sure you'll get a bite!

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
nice Borsalino

demian said:
$75obo for lounge members. All I've learned about hats I've learned here...you all deserve it.
Demian, I'm quite tempted...I live in southern California, so that Borsalino would fit my climate quite nicely (except for today...we're experiencing downpours...).

The problem is that I take a 7 3/8, a true 59 cm, and thus a size small, so I'm hesitant. Clearly it would have to be padded to fit my head...or I'd have to grow my hair out! I'll think on it...great photos.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Question

Is 2 1/8" an accurate measure of the brim width? I only ask 'cause from here it looks as though it may be somewhat wider than that.... that and all the old ads f/ the Quito seem to specify a wider brim. VHS says 2 1/2" AND IT SURE LOOKS LIKE THE SAME HAT! Honestly tho' if it is 2 3/8" or wider, you can give me a holler 'cause that would certainly ramp up my interest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart